Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Shadow Of The Day Minutes To Midnight Released: 2007

Shadow Of The Day Minutes To Midnight Released: 2007

Сообщений 1 страница 19 из 19

Shadow of the Day

I close both locks below the window.
I close both blinds and turn away.
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple.
Sometimes goodbye's the only way.

And the sun will set for you,
The sun will set for you.
And the shadow of the day,
Will embrace the world in grey,
And the sun will set for you.

Pink cards and flowers on your window,
Your friends all plead for you to stay.
Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple.

[Guitar solo]

Song Meanings

by xaiver_888 on 05-10-2007 @ 08:15:16 PM
I think this is about how linkin park is saying that things need to be changed, and that their can't be a solution to make everyone happy and that we should just enjoy what we have until it goes away.. and the shadow of the day is a metaphor for us as human beings to change the world, and we can't make it perfect, but we can embrace it in grey (Black and white, meaning we should try to be on the white part, even though the black part might always be with us, and that life can't be neither one of those colors, or we loose our balance) and the pink cards and flowers make him miss his former way of life, as your friends want you to stay the same person, they don't want them or you to change, but if everyone trys to reach for a new beggining which is hard to do, that we will know at the end of the day, evn after all the suffering going on, everything will be okay if we work hard enough. kinda like peace in a realistic sense. great song by the way

by notausername on 05-11-2007 @ 09:54:41 PM
This is just my opinion on what the song is about. It's probably completely wrong.

In here he's describing to me what appears like he's in a room about ready to break down over perhaps a relationship.

The Sun will set for you is describing how things are going eventually going to end and get better. The shadow of the day to me means the bad things that had happened that day. He's basically to me describing how with all the bad things that are happening, you have to remember that "the sun will set for you" and things will get better.

In this line maybe it seems like he's maybe in the hospital and tried to kill himself which is why the flowers are there to show him that he is still cared about? Maybe he's deciding to get away from everything and move from all of what happened.

[Guitar solo]

This is just my opinion on what the song means to me. Either way, very nice song. One of the best on their new album.

by jonesee3000 on 05-16-2007 @ 05:34:18 PM
Me and my girl friend heard this song for the first time yesterday and we decided it was going to be our song. The lyrics are so awesome. I it might be referring to a relationship, with someone leaving ‘goodbye is the only way’, and how even though it seems like everything is going wrong it will be ok and something will happen to light up the dark and make the end of something bad not so painful because sunsets are really beautiful ‘the sun will set for you’. Just my personal opinion, anyone agree?

by Techcasualty on 05-17-2007 @ 05:26:06 AM

I don't see suicide. I see closing off the world. When you want to hide from everyone you shut everything out.

What has happened has happened, no getting around it. The sun is gunna set and you have to move on.

Trying to start over to get back up is difficult. It feels like the only way is to just say good bye.

by seraphicreverie on 05-22-2007 @ 05:03:20 AM
I heard this song just the other day on the way to work. When I heard the lyrics about "cards and flowers" I was reminded of something really personal that just happened to me a few months ago. A co-worker and friend of mine died, and she was suffering for years from cancer. I can imagine how much her family and all her friends both wanted her to live, but at the same time for her suffering to end. I think the song is about that, about not quite getting over death but accepting it as the only way, the ultimate goodbye. I think that it looks at death as not something cruel, but as the final peace that one achieves with the setting of the sun on their life. It's kind of bittersweet, since the person who has died will of course be missed, but in their death their pain is over. I think the song is about accepting that, and about dealing with such a profound loss. Although I see how the song could be about losing a friendship or a relationship it struck me as being something much more final than that...I wish this song had existed before she had died.

by front on 08-13-2007 @ 04:08:21 PM
I think this song is about letting go of someone, especially after hearing this verse,

"Pink cards and flowers on your window,
Sometimes goodbye's the only way."

For me the pink flowers and cards are like things family and friends left in a hospital room, you know something that says get well soon. I think that new beginnings aren't so simple stands for starting over afterwards, i mean with a person in a hospital bed in so much pain it'd be easier to let them go, rather than start over as hard as it seems, if you live on like that it will be hard for everyone, so goodbye is the only way to really do it.

by oakleys09 on 05-26-2007 @ 08:24:39 AM
I think the story within the song sets the tone for the meaning, but a much deeper one then it seems. Obviously the first and second verses portray someone dealing with a lot of depression. Then comes the hook.... I think what is being symbolized here is that it's how we live today that gives us our outlook on the world and causes how we feel the next.

"And the shadow of the day" -- what we did today, how we thought about a certain situation, how we reacted, etc....

"Will embrace the world in gray" -- Meaning how we lived today (shadow of the day) is what gives our outlook on life. In this song... the person is depressed so.. so he shuts off the world which just furthers the depression

"And the sun will set for you" -- Just ties right back into the other two lines. Each and every day you have a new chance to embrace life and living, but its the choices you make in the today that will make tomorrow what it becomes.

I'd just like to point out some things semi-relevant to the conversation. First, rory, if you're going to try to persuade people to your point of view, you need to actually lay out thoughts and evidence. Second, steven and Francesca, by acknowledging rory, you're giving him just what he wants: to stir up trouble and emotions. Third, and most relevant, the music video for this seems to indicate a violent riot somewhere, which makes me think the song has some political undertones. The sun that is setting could be a reference to the end of George Bush's presidency. And it seems that the treatment the rioters were receiving could, if people were sufficiently angered, set off nation-wide rioting.
- Ryan, Largo, FL

More mellow than previous Linkin Park songs, this seems to be about someone thinking about a friend who is suffering, most likely from depression or a physical illness. He talks about how sometimes it is easier to just stop trying, even though everyone wants you to push onward. Life isn't nearly as simple as it seems, and sometimes giving up is the best solution.
The song has a very melancholy tone. Chester Bennington has the only vocal part on this, and he sings about how "the shadow of the day will embrace the world in grey and the sun will set for you." This is where he is talking about how eventually, everything ends. To dust you shall return (that's where the world is embraced in grey; death is here and you're going back to being the dust of the earth). The sun sets, the day is over - your life is done. The shadow of the day refers to what happens when a person dies - only their memory is left. Their memory is the shadow of their life. Shadow of the day. (thanks, Kay - Chicago, IL, for above 2)
Guitarist Brad Delson in Kerrang! magazine: "This was probably the most difficult arrangement to nail. It sounded very derivative at first but then we kept replacing different elements on it. We put an acoustic guitar on it, then an electric banjo and then a marimba. It's definitely one of the best songs we've written."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The music video was directed by Joe Hahn[2].

The music video was released to the internet on October 15. The video shows Chester Bennington waking up. His alarm clock reads 11:55, the current Doomsday Clock time, referencing the album title Minutes to Midnight and the song which is the 5th song on the album. The video is over four minutes long, meaning that the time at the end would be 11:59 PM, or one minute to midnight. Chester then watches the news, washes up, gets dressed, and goes outside. We then see that the video takes place in a war torn world, where mass chaos is ensuing on the streets of the city. There is a lot of violence going on with many police and gunshots. Near the end of the video, a car is set on fire and bursts into flames in one of the most intense shots of the video. Chester then stands in front of the burning car, while looking hopelessly at the carnage that surrounds him. He then turns towards the flames, and the video fades to black.

This is the only video so far with only Chester appearing as Brad, Rob, Mike, Joe and Phoenix are absent in it. The video isn't completely dubbed by the song, meaning sound effects taking place in the video can be heard. It is also interesting to note when the music video was released on the internet, during the scene where a person sets a car on fire, the sound effects of the glass bottle he threw shattering on the car and igniting on fire is out of sync with the video. This problem was however fixed on the band's official YouTube page.

The video is slightly similar to From the Inside; another riot-based video by the band. There is also a painting of a whale in the video which is a reference to the In the End music video.

Мои комменты

http://lprussia.com/news/sotd_hq.jpg

16.10.2007, 21:22
Понравилось - это не то слово! Это теперь мой любимый клип. 

Честер в интро говорил, что это песня о потере, о смерти близкого человека. Но после клипа у меня сложилось совершенно другое мнение. Во-первых, Чез не похож на человека, у которого кто-то умер. И он просыпается... в 11:55 !!!! Ночи я так понимаю? Судя по сумеркам на улице. Со странным выражением лица он смотрит новости. А по улице идёт, не замечая ничего вокруг, только однажды кому-то кивнув. Идёт как на работу.И тут мне всё это напомнило сюжет фильма "Хищник". Тех существ, которые появляются на месте войн и катастроф, чтобы беспрепятственно вкусить свежей плоти.

PS Там на стене висит картина, не Майк случаем рисовал? Взывает к памяти поговорку Nightmare rides me

[Сообщение от ZaetC 
Блин What I've done в раз 100 круче ... и идееё и мантожом.. и в канце концов песней.........]

Если только в канце концов песней. Но никак не по глубине воздействия, на меня во всяком случае.

19.10.2007, 00:53
Меня этот клип просто очаровал. Я люблю такие а ля кино. Никаких ассоциаций с другими клипами ЛП ( даже с FTI ))) Единственно жалко, что нет Майка  И я так и не могу для себя ответить на вопросы:
- что Честер делал накануне, с кем он там в нарды играл )))
- почему он проснулся около полуночи?
- почему сразу включил телек?
- он увидел, то что хотел?
- что он складывал в сумку, уходя... чем он вообще занимается (если судить по комнате)?
- и куда же он всё-таки шёл?
И когда он поёт and the sun will set for you, я это воспринимаю как "ты больше не увидишь солнце, ты умрёшь... можешь мне поверить.."

После клипа мне понравилась сама песня! Раньше я её считала чуть менее занудной, чем Valentine's Day

Только что мну посетила мысль.. а что если... ОН уже мёртв? И это был его призрак? Его убили на уличной войне и он как бы очнулся в своей кровати

Цитата:Сообщение от H.I.M.en 
Соглашусь с тем, что люди прежде всего обращают внимание на идею клипа. А идея таже, что и в FTI, уличные беспорядки.

Идея? А я думала, это фон.

Цитата:JekaНо как то мне кажеться песня не оч совместима с клипом

Мне тоже кажется. У мну такое ощущение, может мы песню не поняли?

21.10.2007, 21:25
Я каждый день что-то новое там нахожу. И вот сейчас созвучие этим словам
Архиепископ Андрей Кесарийский V век н.э
Цитата:Апокалипсис есть откровение сокрытых тайн, бывающее во время озарений владычествующего ума или в видениях, посылаемых Богом во сне, или в состоянии бодрственном при помощи Божественного осияния.

Озарение Честера. Он ещё когда в небо смотрит, оно какое-то светлое в белом облаке - ассоциации с божественым

27.10.2007, 00:55
1708 - Его застрелили?

Цитата:Сообщение от Neo Ford 
Ну такого там небыло... но сумка упала его, так что можно догадываться...

Ага, и весь клип такой - сидишь и гадаешь )))) Вроде бы ничего экстраординарного не показали, а наоборот повседневные вещи, но подано это душераздирающе.
Я тут вообще недавно просыпаюсь утром раньше будильника и хлоп по кнопке, чтоб не звонил. Тоже с такими квадратными глазами - 05:55 )))) и думаю - почему без пяти шесть, я же в клипе

30.10.2007, 22:21

С этой сумкой вообще странно. Чез идёт по улице - ремень сумки через грудь, то есть она никак не может в сторону отлететь, если он упадёт
http://i009.radikal.ru/0710/1e/56d3fa319ecct.jpg
После взрыва сумки на нём уже нет. Допустим он её снял (зачем?) и в руке держит.
http://i019.radikal.ru/0710/01/dc84ba685ba2t.jpg
И он мог сам её отшвырнуть, не обязательно для этого погибать;D

А ещё я сделала скрин комнаты. Интересно, чем занимается человек, окруженный такими предметами?
http://i046.radikal.ru/0710/02/aa10fffadcfct.jpg

and_one;385995 написал(а):

Жаклин, молодец, + за внимание! Теперь главный вопрос - что было в сумке?

На снимке в комнате я не заметил ничего подозрительного. Только череп Терминатора навел меня на очередные ссылки в Судный День.

Также можно додумать про Кита с картинки из песни про "конец", и про полную "задницу" на другой.

vetalp;385998 написал(а):

всё понятно. финальная сцена в огне - Честер метнул свою сумку с динамитом и подорвал всех на*ер. а потом думает "what i've done".

на скришоте, что Жаклин выложила, гляньте, у него в комнате какие-то доски с планами, вырезками, какая-то лупа, оборудование, банки с чем-то, жбаны из-под воды с селитрой аммиачной (наверно), черепушка терминаторовская... это же штаб-квартира террориста, решил устроить всем судный день.

а кит - это из оформления буклета "Minutes To Midnight". хочу себе такой на стену, надеюсь сделать в ближайшем времени :)

Цитата:Сообщение от ZaetC 
ПОтдержую версию что хао Псих, за ето я его и "люблю" ..... также не скрине (иле в самом клипе) можно разглядеть как чез ложет именно динамит.пррсматритеся ето чётко видно.... ну на кройняк может бутылки с коктелями молотава что так чясто в клипе летали))

Следствие ведут колобки!http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/lol.gif
Показывают как Честер кладёт в сумку две вещи: одна по форме мне напоминает видеокассету... с каким-то шнурочком )))), а вторую он берёт так, словно это пузырёк, но никак не бутылка
1.http://i042.radikal.ru/0711/9b/f6994ae2cd3ct.jpg2.http://i021.radikal.ru/0711/f8/f92f4a4f2490t.jpg

Цитата:Сообщение от Neo Ford 
У меня к вам вопрос, зачем все так усложнять? Хан всего-то хотел показать обычного человека (не террориста точно), который живет обычной жизнью, в принципе, и ходит на какую-то работу. Какая разница, что это за работа и что для этой работы нужно положить в сумку, если в клипе это все равно не главное, а для красоты?

Ээээ, ты знаешь, за просто так и прыщ на попе не вскочит ))))) А тут тебе не хуры-мухры, а клип лучшей группы 2007 года! Насчет террориста конешно прикололись, но насчет обычности такого чела как Честер, я бы промолчала. Можно ещё искать смысл, который вложил Джо, но на самом деле смысл каждый человек видит по-своему, у каждого одни и те же предметы вызывают разные ассоциации, и Джо удалось разбередить наши глубины подсознания.
Вспомнились тут в тему слова Сальвадора Дали:" Сам я, когда пишу, не понимаю, какой смысл заключен в моей картине. Не подумайте, однако, что она лишена смысла! Просто он так глубок, так сложен, ненарочит и прихотлив, что ускальзает от обычного логического восприятия."

VainSalvation;387273 написал(а):

Еще один череп губернатора на тумбе, может это поможет разгадать смысл клипа ;D

[реклама вместо картинки]

05.11.2007, 00:04

Но почему хуже WID? Песня What I've Done лучше однозначно, а клип не такой хитрый как SOTD ;D
Мну кажется, что следующим клипом будет Given Up. Вроде об этом раньше говорили.
А начало клипа SOTD подходит к первому куплету GU =)))

wake in a sweat again
another day's been laid to waste
in my disgrace
stuck in my head again
feels like i'll never leave this place
there's no escape

http://i009.radikal.ru/0711/9e/44556f94f171t.jpg

даже по поводу From The Inside не было.
Цитата:С этим альбомом, у меня ощущение, что группа творчески умерла

В каком-то смысле умерла, но перешла в новое воплощение. Они изменились, а вы к этому не готовы. Мне проще говорить, потому что я три года не ждала =)))

Я думаю, в клипе хотели показать *одиночество*. Если бы остальные члены группы там были даже эпизодически, типа они и не знакомы, этого ощущения не получилось бы.
Поддерживаю, что хоть Чез и великолепен, но Майка тоже хоцца посмотреть....в неформальной обстановке.

А мне нравятся звуки улицы в песне. И ещё очень нравится цветовая гамма клипа, тоже настраивает на определлные эмоции, правда из No More Sorrow "are you lost / in your lies/do you tell yourself i don't realize" У меня вообще куча ассоциаций с другими песнями альбома

09.11.2007, 21:43 Цитата:Сообщение от E.T.R. 
Моя любимая песня.
И самый нелюбимый клип.
разочарована я, короче.

Это потому, что ты уже все картины нарисовала под эту песню, а клип им совершенно не соответствует, только и всего. Для меня эта песня до клипа вообще была НИКАКАЯ, я её перескакивала, если не забывала. И я боялась видео в стиле *рассвет-закат и не известно кто и в чем виноват*))), думала группа будет стоять под ветром в чистом поле... и всё. Так что можешь представить мой восторг;D

ЗЫ Если б на In Pieces сняли что-то типа Bleed It Out, я бы долго плевалась:D
http://i002.radikal.ru/0711/32/d950f100726et.jpghttp://i035.radikal.ru/0711/23/11014f49ca09t.jpg
http://i009.radikal.ru/0711/61/c2f124733c23t.jpghttp://i007.radikal.ru/0711/f0/e802e22af02et.jpg

SoNiA_R;400082 написал(а):

На Ютубе, кстати (или не кстати), есть рип Мтв с падением сумки. Может кому надо, вот ссылка http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHbtvg3xqiE

:-)  ОООО! Слава богу! Шикарный конец- мороз по коже. Всё-таки его убивают, судя по тому как плывёт камера на последних кадрах...
Я рада, что другой клип посмотрела 0| Надо ж так круто всё сделать, и песня мне всё больше нравится. Почему-то ассоциации с песней "Вновь о том, что день уходит с земли, ты негромко спой мне...";D

VampirLP;400512 написал(а):

Слушайте, а почему вы думаете, что Чеза там именно убили, раз сумка упала?8|  Может, ему просто надоело за всем этим месивом со стороны наблюдать и он, плюнув на всё и выкинув на фиг сумку, пошёл рубать мясо (вы ж посмотрите на выражение его лица в конце клипа - он же ели терпит);D :__ ;D

Я тоже сомневалась, пока клип не увидела. Теперь я уверена ну может на 99 %. Там идут такие кадры: полицейские стреляют из автоматов, падает сумка, а потом... улица снята как её видит Честер , и картинка начинает заваливаться на бок - так обычно в фильмах показывают, когда герой умирает, ну вспомни "Леон" - классический вариант.

Цитата:Сообщение от Янчик 
Да уж...клип то неплохой...действительно Чеза в трусилях не каждый день увидишь... ...НО...где же группа,или как....
Ну это единственное мне не нраЦЦа,а так вполне даже нечего.

Джо сказал, что ему захотелось чего-то новенького, а группа и так в каждом клипе. И ещё зритель должен сосредоточится на одном герое, на том, что с ним происходит, чтоб вы представили себя на его месте. Примерная цитата:" Вот так живёшь и не знаешь, что тебя поджидает за углом."
А Честеру, по его словам, понравилось сниматься в трусах, он не против делать это чаще )))

Интресно, кто в Чеза палочкой тыкал :D они наверно расстояние мерили, не иначе
http://www.funkyimg.com/t/9676420080118_013549k.pnghttp://www.funkyimg.com/t/5006920080118_013838k.pnghttp://www.funkyimg.com/t/2075620080118_013925k.png

Вот классный кадр
http://www.funkyimg.com/t/4368220080118_015034.png

Ещё была такая надпись (не поняла где только)
http://www.funkyimg.com/t/7249020080118_014249.png
"Скоро придёт освобождение (спасение , или искупление грехов)"

Mohnaryl;425028 написал(а):

Не знаю, было уже или нет. В общем, сижу смотрю клип, и не вольно замечаю что в кадре что-то не так, и в итоге вижу, что когда Честер покидает квартиру, то там еще кто-то есть, и у него что-то в руках непонятное. Мародеры, блин. Хе-хе.

Все смотрим на правый нижний угол:

[реклама вместо картинки]

Третья версия - режиссерская

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080316/thumbs/72DOoyGgAo.jpg http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080316/thumbs/1N7McsGUc4.jpg http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080316/thumbs/xKE8Vxs5sX.jpg http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080316/thumbs/1nJv08PjcD.jpg

Jaclyn;447559 написал(а):

|:|   Кста, заметили, что рядом с черепушкой стоит балончик на ножках SURU?
И мне этот вариант клипа напоминает Проект "Разгром" из Бойцовского Клуба ;D

слова Майка и Джо из обсуждения видеографии ЛП.
Майк сказал, что это его любимый клип и на самом деле весь этот клип о татуировках 
А Джо (может и шутил) сказал, что сначала они хотели снять романтическую историю с женщиной в той квартире, но женщина на съёмки не явилась и они замутили то, что в конце концов мы наблюдаем.

sctommy 
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2007

I want to start out by saying that this song made me search for Linkin Park and had me listening and watching the video over and over. I am very intrigued by the song and it's video.

I don't consider myself a LINKIN PARK type of fan. I think their past rock offerings have been "Too Harsh" for my listening. Due to that harshness, this song caught my attention. What a tangent. I couldn't think about much else other than, "What is this song about, and what is Linkin Park trying to say?" BTW, who wrote this song?

In searching the internet for ANYTHING about metaphorical analysis, I ran across several blogs and message boards stating how Linkin Park alientated their true fans with this album. I wouldn't know anything about that. But something must be said about how their new album made me turn my head and ask, "Who sings this?"

OK.....SOTD....ad nauseum I keep reading the SAME stuff about the obvious metaphor to the Doomsday Clock. And that is about as far as the analysis goes. How sad. Back in my day, writers were still writing books and in school we had to read them and dissect their meanings and metaphors. I think tomorrow's readings and studying will be about today's serious song writer. SOTD will definately be worth the listen, and the video worth watching.

Without watching the video, and just going by the lyrics I heard on the radio, I got the impression this song was about suicide. Why the heck would anyone write about suicide? It sounded almost as stupid as some other lyrics I heard (know it's not by LP)about 'cocking a gun and pulling the trigger'. Perhaps this is what people are seeing....The human race is committing suicide = doomsday....case closed. The somber music, though, made me think more about the attitude of the subject of the song, and put me more at ease about the song in general.

Once I had the chance to watch the video, it all made sense to me. I think the people who have responded to this thread by saying they "Don't get it" and it's a "Great Song Anyway" are certainly WELCOME TO THEir opinions, but I disagree. It's a great song, AND the video helps it to make sense.

The video puts our subject in play at 11:55....obvious metaphor...doomsday clock...yaddayaddayadda. but what he does next is fantastically human. He turns on the news, sees destruction, and decides to go about his day. He shaves, dresses, and puts on his boots. This guy is Joe American. No matter what is going on in the world, the day still happens. Why lock the windows and the doors? To give himself an impression of protection.

GREY is very telling. Wars occur because two sides see the same issue either as black or as white. Grey, then, becomes a symbol of peace in the mired world of death and destruction. There are hardly any shadows on a grey day. The grey area is where we as humans have the most in common with each other. We have to be able to see the grey area.

If nothing else, the video places our subject in the middle of the tumult and challenges him to look around and see it happen in his own burrough. Like a big blanket over the entire scene, a Shadow (Many shadows) is(are) present. The fire bombing of the car creates light on the video, but in it's wake, leaves many more shadows.

I once thought the rythmic marching of the military was a simile to the marching of the nazi's. While this may be true, I thought I saw a black guard at some point of the video. Along these same lines, there is no doubt that I saw a little black boy hiding/cowering in a stairwell. Ironically, he was not drowned out in the shadows. His bright eyes (young and imrpessionable) were caught in the light. I think this is a biblical metaphor: The Meek shall inherit the earth. How else would one be able to fathom two sects of white people fighting in the streets. Perhaps this is reverse to what we often see in the inner cities: Blacks/Colored fighting other Blacks/Colored while others stand by and just watch...and the others would not necessarily be children, but people who do not think they can do anything about it. And this brings me to my overall impression of the song and the video.

I think it is written as a statement of futility. Those people who want to give up can wave goodbye when the sun sets. Otherwise, while the people are killing each other, sometimes in front of us, and while others just walk idly by trying not to let anyone see them or to stop themselves from seeing (Closing the blinds) life needs to have some form of regularity. Even in the face of ultimate destruction (Doomsday Clock) we're looking to someone...ANYONE...to come up with a NEW BEGINNING.

Beginnings, like solutions, aren't so simple. If they were, everyone would be doing it.

OK..that's my analysis. I hope someone else comes up with some good stuff, or at least a better presentation. It's been MANY moons since I had to write about things like this. I hope you enjoyed it.

http://i024.radikal.ru/0804/86/9c09c4f6b667.jpg

http://i018.radikal.ru/0804/68/643244fd0bf3.jpg

http://i046.radikal.ru/0804/04/8b9c84492bd7.jpg

http://i025.radikal.ru/0804/9d/23d4cc45baaf.jpg

Джо в болге рассказывает о художнике, картины которого использовались в клипе. Его картины теперь выставлены в магазине Джо
"Ekundayo,  a Hawaiian native, who now resides in LA, started selling out his gallery shows while still attending school at Art Center College Of Design.  His street grafiti-esque edge with the sensibilities of J.C. Leyendecker makes him a force to be reckoned with.  His paintings personify the everyday struggles of life through his dynamic characters. His works have been featured in Linkin Park’s “Shadow of the Day”, as well as in Thinkspace's Triple Threat Series installation."
см.: http://www.slamxhype.com/blogs/d/Joe/20 … u-may-24th

он же оказывается, принимал участие в художественной работе для "Минут до полуночи":
"I.: You have been doing some if I may say "commercial" art latest example being imagery  for Linkin Park's latest record "Minutes to Midnight" How did it come about?
Ekundayo: Joe asked if I would be interested in doing some art for the band and I didn't think twice."
http://www.slamxhype.com/category/featu … interview#

Отредактировано ZorkoeUho (01-06-2008 20:41:49)

ZorkoeUho! огромное спасибо! очень интересно! слава богу Майк так не рисует, я бы убилась апстену

Platinum for SOTD

Linkin Park's 'Shadow Of The Day' has been certified platinum by the RIAA, the single has sold more that one million copies.

:jumping:

Linkin Park won Best Rock Video award  :flag:

Linkin Park has won the Best Rock Video award at tonight's MTV Video Music Awards, Chester and Joe accepted the award,

http://s50.radikal.ru/i129/0809/9c/e0493760c41a.jpg

Видео

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uyz6-rcdM8

http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0809/9d/d45e3058e231t.jpg

http://s59.radikal.ru/i165/0809/c3/ae6e378b4038t.jpg http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0809/c4/9203d665c000t.jpg http://i026.radikal.ru/0809/76/99889ba0dd54t.jpg

http://s40.radikal.ru/i087/0809/8c/9b335128b7bct.jpghttp://s42.radikal.ru/i098/0809/46/4568aea2bc10t.jpghttp://s57.radikal.ru/i158/0809/3f/9aed976b6982t.jpg
http://s39.radikal.ru/i086/0809/f7/6f137ea420dct.jpghttp://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0809/8a/257575427a38t.jpghttp://i031.radikal.ru/0809/d0/e2d27ef23533t.jpg

http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0809/01/683ab9c1ecf1.jpg

http://s41.radikal.ru/i092/0809/a1/6ef7312e5d27.jpg

Shadow Of The Day is in the lists of  Song Of The Year and  Record Of The Year for Grammy 2009

не прошли на грэмми (((

http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx

хорошие большие скрины

http://public.fotki.com/CCBennington/cb … woftheday/

http://images44.fotki.com/v1449/photos/9/1445419/7246053/HQ_SOTD_5-vi.jpg

http://www.ccbennington.com/

Making Of Shadow Of The Day (PunkTV).avi
149.74 Мб

http://narod.ru/disk/5893332000/Making Of Shadow Of The Day (PunkTV).avi.html

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Shadow Of The Day Minutes To Midnight Released: 2007