Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Somewhere I Belong Album: Meteora Released: 2003

Somewhere I Belong Album: Meteora Released: 2003

Сообщений 1 страница 3 из 3

Somewhere I Belong

When this began
I had nothing to say
And I’d get lost in the nothingness inside of me
I was confused
And I let it all out to find /that I’m
Not the only person with these things in mind
Inside of me
But all the vacancy the words revealed
Is the only real thing that I’ve got left to feel
Nothing to lose
Just stuck/hollow and alone
And the fault is my own
And the fault is my own

I want to heal
I want to feel
What I thought was never real
I want to let go of the pain I’ve held so long
[Erase all the pain ’til it’s gone]
I want to heal
I want to feel
Like I’m close to something real
I want to find something i’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

And I’ve got nothing to say
I can’t believe I didn’t fall right down on my face
I was confused
Looking everywhere/only to find that it’s
Not the way I had imagined it all in my mind
So what am I
What do I have but negativity
’Cause I can’t justify the
Way everyone is looking at me
Nothing to lose
Nothing to gain/hollow and alone
And the fault is my own
The fault is my own

I want to heal
I want to feel
I want to heal
I want to feel
Somewhere I belong

I will never know
Myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel
Anything else until my wounds are healed
I will never be
Anything ’til I break away from me
And I will break away
I’ll find myself today

I want to heal
I want to feel
I want to heal
I want to feel
Somewhere I belong

I want to heal
I want to feel like I’m
Somewhere i belong
I want to heal
I want to feel like I’m
Somewhere i belong
Somewhere i belong

Songfacts:   You can leave comments about the song at the bottom of the page.
This is about someone who feels out of place and alone, with nothing to say due to his own fault.
This started out as a sample of Chester Bennington playing acoustic guitar. Mike Shinoda took the sample, replayed it, effected it, flipped it backwards and cut it up into four pieces, creating the main sample of the song. By the time it was finished, almost a year later, the band had rewritten most of the music around the sample.
Mike and Chester wrote over 30 finished choruses for this song, each time scrapping the last one in search of something better. They ended up recording the final version one week after the rest of the album was finished, in the studio where they were mixing.
This song is the first single off of Linkin Park's sophomore album Meteora. The album was released on March 25, 2003 and went to #1 in 14 countries the first week. (thanks, William - Indiana, IN, for all above)
At the beginning of the song, Bennington's acoustic guitar part was played back in reverse. (thanks, dean - chalfont, England)
The album title refers to a group of monasteries located on cliffs in central Greece.
This won for Best Rock Video at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards.
Mike Shinoda: "The first thing you hear in the song is a sample. Now, the sample sounds like keyboards but what it is really, is a guitar progression Chester played. It just shows the evolution of parts. The guitar part that Chester played had a cool progression to it but the sound of it was too acoustic guitar. So what we did was, we flipped it backwards. We effected it. I cut it up into four pieces and instead of arranging it 1-2-3-4, I arranged it 4-3-2-1 because it had been reversed. So it evolved into this thing with the different manipulations in the computer. It evolved into this thing that it is now. In fact, you can hear an early version of that on our Party At The Pancake Festival DVD. There's a version of that towards the end of the DVD that's playing. You kind of get an idea of what it sounded like in the second stage of it's lifetime and now it's at it's third when we finished it. So that song is cool for that reason.

Another cool thing about it is that it's really the first time you hear some optimistic views, some optimistic lyrics from us. I think that lyrically this album is a little older, a little more mature hopefully." (thanks, Tim - PGH, PA)
This was the first video that aired on Fuse TV. (thanks, Donovan Berry - El Dorado, AR)

Comments:
out of all the linkin park songs ive listenend to this one helps the most, it is most likely the one to help me feel again. The last 2 paragrap[hs i think are they key if u wanna make it work for u
- Will, Sydney, Australia
I Actually saw a "Making the vidio" on MTV and saw the making of the vidio for this song...and i thought the vidio was....AMAZING :P
- Max, Sydney, Australia
I lov this song I can relate to it I hate St.Pete with passion I don't belong here. These people whoa Who will save their souls. But I think its about moving on leaving the pain behind and wanting to get better.
- Stacey, St.petersburg, FL
I can relate to this song in so many ways that it's scary. This song means so much to me; it's my faovrite LP song ever. I absolutely love the video and I feel like I am watching my own "dream/nightmare" thing. This song is how I think of life a lot of the times.
- Veronica, I forget. . ., DE
this video and song are awesome. the lyrics are so deep and thought out and i relate to this song heavily, especially in this past year.
- Kayla, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I think the song Numb is about this as well, but in this magazine, Chester talks about how he was physically and mentally abused as a kid. In the song, it says he wants to heal and he wants to let go of the pain he's held so long.
- Stacey, Houston, TX
Growing up everyone feels out of place and desires to fit in. This song encapsulates that better than almost any song ever. It lets the listener know that it's alright, your not alone. Just listen to the lyric in the first verse, its all about realizing that there is a place for everyone, we just have to find it for ourselves. Nobody will find it for you, "I will never be anything until I break away from me". Its so true.
- Ryan, Fredericton, Canada
I want to heal I want to feel What I thought was never real I want to let go of the pain I've held so long [Erase all the pain 'til it's gone] It's gone] I want to heal I want to feel Like I'm close to something real I want to find something I've wanted all along Somewhere I Belong" this is so my part of the song .
- rebecca, fire realm (fairy world)
i heard they said they will never do a song about there life though but i know for a fact thts wat i heard about the band lp.
- rebecca, peoria, AZ
the video clearly shows Chester as uneasy at the beginning. His room is sorta dull and pointless. He falls asleep and he dreams of the place with the gundams and the fire... its the place where he belongs. It shows Chester's peronality.
- Rob, Castaic, CA
Well, if you listen to the words and deeply come into sync with what the singer wrote them for, you will understand. I think this song is about someone who is looking for both acceptance in the world, and acceptance within himself. As he tried to heal himself from the pain, he causes more and more pain, but continues to try to try and find himself.
- Chad, Mansfield, TX
It's about fitting in, well not fitting in. And Dbzfan I know where your opinion is coming from, there was a Gundam in the video.
- the jorge, Hell, Other
I think this song is talking about when someone is hurt deeply by something that happend, and there upset for a while, and need to be alone and think about themselves, to heal, and find out what exactly is going on in there lives and what they should do about it and how they should life with it.
- Sara, Grand Falls - Windsor, Canada
To me the song has a completely different meaning. I think Chester, when he was young felt aloneand just wanted to be around people who cared and loved him
- Ian, pretoria, South Africa
LP does not write about Gundam. It is about how Chester was alone as a kid, and about finding a place he belonged.
- Rabi, Zionsville, IN
I think the song is about a Gundam fight and the person fighting thinks this is my place, my terf,and where I belong
- A DBZ fan, Jackson, MI
It took LP a year to write this song, it was the last song to be recorded about a week or so before the album hit the shelves.
- Elise, guelph, Canada
This song is about Linkin Park finally reflecting back on their previous songs/albums...it sort of represents them growing up in a way, from their pain and musically as well.
- Holly, Pensacola, FL

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Somewhere I Belong Album: Meteora Released: 2003