Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Faint Album: Meteora Released: 2003

Faint Album: Meteora Released: 2003

Сообщений 1 страница 5 из 5

I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can't help the fact
That everybody can see these scars
I am what I want you to want, what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you
To just believe this is real
So I, let go watching you turn your back like you always do
Face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here cause you're all that I've got

I can't feel the way I did before
Don't turn your back on me
I won't be ignored
Time won't heal this damage anymore
Don't turn your back on me I won't be ignored

I am, a little bit insecure, a little unconfident
Cuz you don't understand I do what I can
Sometimes I don't make sense
I am, what you never wanna say, but I've never had a doubt
It's like no matter what I do I can't convince you for once just to hear me out
So I, let go watching you turn your back like you always do
You face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here cause you're all that I've got

I won't be ignored

Hear me out now
You're gonna listen to me like it or not
Right now, hear me out now
You're gonna listen to me like it or not
Right now

I won't be ignored

I won't be ignored
I can't feel
Time won't tell

Guitarist Brad Delson came into the studio bus where vocalist Mike Shinoda was working with the idea for this. Brad recorded scratch guitar tracks for "Faint" over a click track (no drums, no music), expecting the tempo to be about 70 BPM (Beats-per-minute). He returned to the bus a couple of days later, and Mike had put together the beat at 135 BPM - almost twice as fast. After careful deliberation, Brad and Mike decided the faster beat was more fun.
The song is about being ignored by everyone and making yourself heard.
The video was shot in Los Angeles where members of the fan club LP Underground participated in the shoot. The band was touring during the video and had a different director from the usual Mr. Hahn. For most of the video, the angle was shot from behind the band creating a silhouette type image.
This was the second single from the album, after "Somewhere I Belong." (thanks, William - Indiana, IN, for all above)
The strings on the track were recorded live and arranged by Mike Shinoda and Dave Campbell. (thanks, Nick - Paramus, NJ)
Mike Shinoda on shoutweb.com: "'Faint' was just a working title that we wanted to keep. I don't know what the actual title would have been but it wasn't that. That word doesn't even appear in the song."

Comments:
i adore anything relating to linkin park they are awsome and i really like to meet them because they make great songs and i like all the their songs without any exeptions farah lebanon
- farah, usa, HI
This song is awesome, it's just how I feel, I blast it all the time, it annoys the heck out of my parents, I'm being heard like in the song!!
- Dragonboy, DeKalb, IL
Favorite lp song :D tottaly me written all over it. This is allso one of the 1st lp songs i have heard, and its rlly what got me hooked into this band.
- Meghan, Portland, ME
The beginning of this song is off the hook, the way it blends in with the end of Easier to Run..the video is excellent too. All i know this has to be one of the best Linkin park songs
- chris, columbus , OH
i like to write songs myself but i cant if that what i want to write is already written by someone else...
- Yaya, Amsterdam, Netherlands
this song is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! man i love linkin park ever since the first song i ever heard crawling and they sing songs about emotion and to be urself and to go afetr ur dreams dont listen to wat other peoplr tell u even ur parents its ur dream ... and i think people should listen to lp more often i love em i know u all do so linki park should keep the songs comin cus i cant stop listining and i would do anythingggggggg to meet them and sing with chester he my inspiration to singing and i know i may sound crazy but i think my voice sounds alittle like his. but thats just me and my friednds cus we have a band called judgment day and we base our songs on feeling or realtionships wev been in so lp helps me alot with music even in the hard times i cant think of a song to write i only have about three and we just redo others especially linkin park songs so i love this band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- justin, roselle, IL
I ♥ this song so0o0o much...I love when he says i won't be ignored. it's so awesome. well, byeee.
- stef, miami, FL
This was the first Linkin Park song I ever heard. Brad is one of my drummer idols right next to Joey Jordison.
- morbid_vampire, LA, CA
i really like this song so much. my friend likes linkin park really lots so thats how i heard this song. i don't like them as much as she does but i don't hate them either.
- Chantelle, Duck Lake, CA
this song is so damn good. its the best meteora song besides dont stay. i love it
- chris, edmonton, Canada
hey everybody i think LP really rocks n the video of this song is like sooooooooo COOL so every1 plz watch it n i love ya chester!!!!! Tc RADHIKA
- Radhika, New Delhi, India
This song is one of my favorite songs ever, and has me really looking forward to another album from them... Their songs have meaning for everybody because they write about feelings we have all had before... They will always rock
- Mason, Gilbert, AZ
if it wasent for this song i wouldent be into things like carpathian forest morbed angel cradle of filth and slipnkot i love you linkin park
- Harry, luton, England
the song is about refusing to be silenced
- Fatal, Aurora, CO
i love this song. linkin park is cool. rob did so good on this song.
- Ashley, Chester, VA
Well this song (to me at least) reminds me of God and judgement day. I see the way the world is today and i cant blame God for feeling angry or hurt. its pretty intense.
- wen, gainesville, FL
Aren't all the comments and song meanings interchangable for all Linkin Park songs? Isn't every song about some nonspecific feeling of anger and being a social outcast?
- Steve, Virginia Beach, VA
i love the start of this song makes me so energetic i love this album i think this song is about being an outcast in like society so different from everyone else and being paranoid
- kirsten, tyrone, Ireland
I don't know why I think it's such a great album, it's just really well put together. By the way, I was listening to it when I wrote that about the second greatest album ever, I didn't really mean it. I think it's excellent and underrated, and I'll say best in five years. I have to disagree with you, Matt, The black album, although highly awesome, is not Metallica's best, ...And Justice For All is, Paranoid is an excellent album, one of the top 5 ever, Zeppelin 2 is better Than Physical Graffiti by the tiniest bit. Meteora is one of my favourites, and it beats out all those when I'm listening to it, even though that's not what I'm thinking right now. Linkin Park Rules, but I don't understand why everybody thinks Meteora sounds a lot like Hybrid theory, it's way different, they experiment more with a more complex sound, but are still the same, awesomest rap metal band ever.
- Ashley, Moncton, Canada
this song is my anthem, plain and simple. it reminds me tht i do have the power to stand up and say "you know what? go ahead and TRY to ignore me and what im saying. ill be here waiting when you finally give up"
- Kayla, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
One fact says that the strings were by some Campbell guy. I don't know about the violins, but the cello played in this song was recorded and played by Linkin Park's bassist, Phoenix.
- Jon, Small Town, Iceland
Ummm...Meteora may be a good album but its not even close to being in the top 20, let alone the top 2. Nevermind the Bollocks (sex pistols), who's next (the who), Nevermind (Nirvana), Physical Graffiti (Led Zeppelin), Ten (Pearl Jam), Back In Black (ACDC), The Black Album (Metallica), and Paranoid (Black Sabbath) all top Meteora by a considerable amount. Maybe one of the best albums in recent years, but definitely not all time.
- Matt, Millbrae, CA
Meteora is, in my honest opinion, the second greatest album ever, next to Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd. the third greatest is Clumsy by Our Lady Peace.
- Ashley, MOncton, Canada
the song is my favorite hit by them -Ryan, FL
- Ryan, Pemboke Pines, FL
I could be wrong but I believe the title Faint comes from the guitar part which was written before lyrics were added. I don't remember where I heard that. I think Figure 09 or 08 whatever it is called is the same thing, guitar-lyrics-great song.
- Ryan, Mobile, AL
I think this song is about when he was a kid and he was fighting with his parents and what he wants to do. He waqnts to shout he wants them to stop ignoring him and to listen to him. He doesnt want things to be the way they are he never wants to feel like that again the way he feels when his parents won't listen.
- Barry, Cork, Ireland
the director of the video was mark romanek. wwwmarkromanek.com
- Aaron, boubonnais, IL
The director of the music video was trying to convey the idea that "you don't want to see us, but we're still here." That's why you can only see their backs. Also, it was performed for the fans instead of plain extras as a kind of a thank you.
- Annabeth, Kutztown, PA
this song is the best so far tht i heard by lp i have heard like 78 song but this is the best yet i just love this song so much.
- rebecca, peoria, AZ
Great Strings/Great arrangememt. One of the best rock top 40 hits from 2003.
- John, Atlanta, GA
yes the song is good but it was overplayed so i wouldnt kall it my fav that is a drawbak for being such a great band all the stations ruin ur songs by playin them so much thats y i like trust company n Godsmak not to many of their songs can be or are played
- Just, Buford, GA
I luv this song. I feel like i can relate to it. I might get ear damage for listening to it :)
- James, Henderson, KY
This is my favorite song of all time!!!!!! It makes the best use of a violin that i've ever heard in a rock song!!!
- Joe, Lawrenceville, GA
This song reminds me of one of my old friends. He always ignored me when he was with his friend. Me and him were friends longer and then he just started to ignore me when this other kid came along. And i always had a hard time talkin to him and then i sang this song to him and he nderstood my point where iwas comin from.We are friends again at the moment and i would just like to thank this song!!
- Darbey, Mount Vernon, OH
i agree with bryan, "this song really speaks to me"
- Tim, Des moines, KS
this song really speaks to me.
- Bryan, Cant Tell, Canada

"Faint" is a song by the nu metal band Linkin Park. It is the seventh regular track from their 2003 album Meteora. Linkin Park won "Best Song of the Year" for "Faint" at the K-Rock awards that year, and it placed at #4 in K-Rock's top 92 most-played songs of the year.[1] It was the second #1 on the Modern Rock Tracks from Meteora.Contents [hide]

[edit]
Single

It was also released as a single in the same year. This song was released as two singles, "Faint 1" and "Faint 2", they differed in cover color and tracks ("Faint 1" is blue, and "Faint 2" is a brownish green). "Faint 1" was also released as a Canadian version that had the tracks, but did not include the music video. The cover of "Faint 1" is shown on the right.

[edit]
Remixes & Covers

In the mash-up EP Collision Course (2004), this song was combined with Jay-Z 's "Jigga What, Jigga Who" to obtain "Jigga What/Faint". On the web there is currently circulating another mash-up of "Faint" with Britney Spears' song "Toxic", called "Faint/Toxic" and created by MTV much prior to the releasing of Collision Course.

There's a remixed version of "Faint" in circulation around the Internet, known as the "EMT (Empire of Modern Thought) Remix" which was remixed by Justin Lassen. There are also many mashups with this song, including a megamix.

Pegasus has done a cover for the song, which appears on Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2.

[edit]
Single Part 1

[edit]
"Faint Pt. 1" Track Listing
"Faint"
"Lying From You" (Live at the Projekt Revolution Tour 2003)

[edit]
"Faint 1" bonus
"Somewhere I Belong" (CD-ROM Music Video)

[edit]
Single Part 2

[edit]
"Faint 2" track listing
"Faint"
"One Step Closer" (Reanimated Live at LPU Tour 2003)

[edit]
"Faint 2" bonus
"Faint (Live)" (CD-ROM music video)

http://i019.radikal.ru/0802/1c/84dd043e6b7e.png
Music video

The video, directed by Mark Romanek and shot in downtown LA, consists of the band performing in front of an audience and a floodlight. The audience consisted of members from the LPU. Almost the entire video is shot from behind the band, allowing the strong lighting to portray them in silhouettes. Therefore, the faces of the band are not shown throughout most of the video, except at the final chorus where the band is then shown from the front. They perform in front of a derelict building structure with graffiti, such as a monstrous version of the Hybrid Theory and some Linkin Park symbols. The video's creativity was highly praised upon release and was voted MuchMusic's 17th favorite video of 2003.[2]

A director's cut was made that features an extended ending where Mike Shinoda spray paints the words En Proceso (Spanish for In Progress) on a garage door. The video can be viewed here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ybU2AQIin_Q

http://i034.radikal.ru/0802/4f/9ce41b435c0a.png
Trivia
This song, along with What I've Done and In The End, was heavily used to promote the Projekt Revolution 2007 tour.
Phoenix wears a bullet proof vest during the music video.
This is Mike's favorite song to play live because the audience gets to recreate the music video.
During the Minutes to Midnight-era, "Faint" has been extended when played live and features a small and fast guitar solo by Brad Delson. It has also replaced "One Step Closer" as the final song played during early Minutes To Midnight touring.
During most live performances, Mike Shinoda directs the attention of the audience to the drummer, Rob Bourdon.
During the Meteora US tour, Linkin Park let a fan of the audience play this song with them on guitar.

Linkin Park: "Meteora" - Track-by-Track With Mike Shinoda

07 - "Faint"
"Faint" is a fun song. Brad actually brought that guitar part in originally thinking that it would be 70 beats per minute or somewhere in that vicinity I think. I'm not sure about the exact number. He played it to a click during Ozzfest and he came back. He and I had done the drum tracks to 140 beats per minute. First he argued with me and told me that it wasn't supposed to be that then I told him, "I know what you intended but I think this works." He listened to it and he totally changed his mind. I just heard something different when I first heard the part so that's how this came about. We're going to skip the lyrics on that one. "Faint" was just a working title that we wanted to keep. I don't know what the actual title would have been but it wasn't that. That word doesn't even appear in the song.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Faint Album: Meteora Released: 2003