Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » My December 2000

My December 2000

Сообщений 1 страница 5 из 5

This is my December
This is my time of the year
This is my December
This is all so clear
This is my December
This is my snow covered home
This is my December
This is me alone

And I
Just wish that
I didn't feel
Like there was
Something I missed
And I
Take back all
The things I said
To make you
Feel like that
And I
Just wish that
I didn't feel
Like there was
Something I missed
And I
Take back all the
Things I said to you

And I give it all away
Just to have somewhere
To go to
Give it all away
To have someone
To come home to

This is my December
These are my snow-covered trees
This is me pretending
This is all I need

And I
Just wish that
I didn't feel
Like there was
Something I missed
And I
Take back all
The things I said
To make you feel like that
And I
Just wish that
I didn't feel
Like there was
Something I missed
And I
Take back all the things
I said to you

And I give it all away
Just to have
Somewhere to go to
Give it all away
To have someone
To come home to

This is my December
This is my time of the year
This is my December
This is all so clear

And I give it all away
Just to have somewhere
To go to
Give it all away
To have someone
To come home to

The band wrote this in Nashville while they were on the road in 2000. The Song is basically about being away from the ones you care for.
Mike Shinoda wrote the Lyrics. (thanks, Kim - Long Valley, NJ)
The song is about a person (Chester in this case) who got in a fight with his girlfriend and left. It says this on Mike's part, "Just wish that it didn't feel like there was something I missed. Take back all the things I said to make you feel like that." Now "My December," which is the end of the year, represents the end for him. "This is my snow covered home" represents his new place, and "This is me pretending... this is all I need" says his new home isn't good enough, but he wants it to be. He wants his girlfriend back. (thanks, Ryan - Pemboke Pines, FL)

Comments:
I thought this was a christmas song from its title...
- Francesca, Malta, Europe
I first heard this song in 2003 at my cousins' place, didn't hear it again until I downloaded it earlier this year. mikey from Galesburg talked about the image he gets in his mind when he listens to this song. Whenever I hear this song I get an imagine of a guy sitting on his living room couch on a freezing cold night, wearing a beanie and rugged up, staring blankly into a glowing bar heater, all alone. I don't think I've ever heard a song with a greater feeling of regret to it.
- Ben, Gosford, Australia
i love this song its amazing! i love playing it on the piano too this is an amazing band i love them!!
- Its not important, you dont need to know, Iceland
I love linkin park all of his song !!!! chester and mike r realy good singers and I will love to see them .
- Lizabeth, Trinidad, United States
I love this song, I heard it the first time, played the tune on my piana immediatly, no mistakes, nothing, it's cool, sweet
- Chelsea, Cape Town
as I listen to this song even more, I get to the point to where the visual is right in front of me. It's like while I'm walking down the street, i can just see Chester right in front of me giving a speech on what he was going through, and telling us not to make the same mistakes. I personally can relate to the lyrics that he is singing. Especially the quiet whisper "Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed" Every time I listen to this, I feel like I'm gonna cry!
- mikey, Galesburg, IL
I love this song especially the remix version of it . I havn't touched the piano in 2yrs and it made me learn by ear how to play the chords and basic chorus .. its so depressing yet so beautiful if u like Linkin Park this songs a must to listen to !
- amethyst, new haven, CT
The first time I heard this song, it got me thinking about what it was like in his shoes. This song really inspires me. Whenever I hear the song, I can just visualize what it is like out there where Chester was at when it happened.
- mikey, Galesburg, IL
This is a really good Linkin Park song. Probably the only one that had me on the verge of tears!
- Alex, Loveland, CO
I believe this song could be about his parents. Many of LP's lyrics show feelings of anger toward their parents. Perhaps Chester's parents have become angry with him. It's Christmas now and while everyone is returning home to their families, Chester has no one to return to. He has become fairly wealthy singing about his anger toward his parents, and now it seems like now, none of that means anything. Also, as many may know Chester and Samantha (his ex-wife) got divorced not to long ago. This could also be what the song is about. The first explanation is what I got out of the song. It's not proven. But I would be willing to bet that both explanations would have a place in the song.
- Joe, Somewhere, VA
Out of all the Linkin Park songs, this one touches my heart and gives me that feeling inside that only a truly talented artist can give his listeners. This song is amazing and so unique and it is so unlike the others. . .
- Veronica, I forget. . ., DE
this song truly hits a string in your heart if you really listen to it. i think that this song is about someone who is trying to belong. lost out in the cold for his whole life. he might have everything, but not love. if you agree or disagree, then thats you, but me, i think thats it. PEACE!!!
- Taylor, Baltimore, MD
i love linkin park. when i heard this song i didn't realize that there was a meaning and i thought he was referring to christmas or something so i was a little confused about it because i've never heard Chester sing about something like that. but it turned out to be MY FAVORITE LP song there is. i love linkin park.
- naomi, nashville, GA
My December is just the best song in the whole history of music Mike Shinoda simply did his best in this song and with Chester´s voice this is juts the perfect song
- Alvaro, Mexicali
Agreed. Chester and Mike on this where brilliant and the music is so soothing. Hmm, this song means different things to everyone, LP tend to write thier songs in a way that views on them are the person's own identity with it. With me, when i listen to it, i think of a little snow covered cottage in the middle of no where and this one guy walking down this lane with snow falling. My connection is my household. "someone to come home to" as though they want to feel like they belong, they want someone they can love and loves them back. I think of a child alone in their room while their parents don't realise the pain they are vputting thier child through "snow covered home" its cold, lonely. But thats what i see and think when i hear the song. I think the band see's it differently though, all of their songs have a different meaning to each of us
- Jaime Lee, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
I LOVE My December ever time I listen to this song it sends chills up my spin,the way cheaster sings this song it is amasing,he put some much filling and meaning in this song. I LOVE LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- kiki, big spring, TX
I once read somewhere that this was inspired by the game Final Fantasy VIII, because of Squall, the main character. This reminds me alot of Squall. But Mainly, this song seems to be about a man who knows he's dying and is trying to make the most of life, because he knows he has a disease and he can't fight it. ("And I give it all away just to have somewhere to go to give it all away to have someone to come home to.") But great song.
- Takashi, Tokyo, Japan
when i hear the song MY DECEMBER i see a man who is on his death bed(the end of his life, his december)he had had a true love at one time, and left her for money(or fame or welth or something) now he is telling her now that he is sorry, he loves her, and he would give it all away if he could do it again and have her back.
- Dani, Roseburg, OR
I have to second on what "Kayla said Chester's voice, though always beautiful, is even more beautiful than usual. This is a great song.
- aly, sumner, WA
what's strange, brandi, is that my ex boyfriend told me abot a little over half way thru our relationship that this beautiful song reminded him of me. i guess i should've taken that as a sign. this song is so beautiful to me and chesters voice is, as always, amazing
- Kayla, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
he has a beautiful voice...
- Jackie, San Diego, CA
well this guy told me it reminded him of me we tried to be more than friend but it didn't work out cause he desided he didn't want to know he tells me this song reminds him of me and how he feels.Way to confuse a girl.
- brandi, athens, TN
if any one has any feed back let me know please. on what i wrote before. Thanks
- brandi, athens, TN
Ok Jess from Darwin Australia your crazy cuz the highest suicide rate is at christmas cuz so many ppl go through it lonely
- Elishia, GP, Canada
it reminds me of perhaps being abused in a relationsship and leaving then perhaps giving all over again because of your loneliness. His december is his place in mind, his reaction and interpretation of what is going on. A mental picture in ways.
- Justine, Eddy, United States
Well, i dont agree wtih Darby, from Mt. Vernon, because it said, Mike Shinoda wrote the lyrics. But at first , i did thnk that chester meant it for that reason though. just wanted you to see that it was not written by chester himself. unless mike interpreted his feelings into a song :\
- Pao, Sacramento, CA
i do agreed to all of you but the things that - Sara, Killeen, TX - said make the most sence and to be honest thats exactly what i expected it to be :) yours faithfully:
- robin, Rotterdam, United States
by the way i do not live in the USA:p but in holland thats a fault of the registering, the song my december gives you a lot to think of and it touches my innerself :) this is the best collaboration of beatifull text and some agitation aswwell (reanimation and one step closer) and i have people i miss and want to bee with, when those moments come to my surface i listen to these songs (on both albums)
- robin, Rotterdam, United States
Well at first glance, it looks like a simple song of missing your loved ones. But then december might have some connotations. Then i thought it's more like he's at his "december" of his life and he's sad coz he'll miss living a life! but then, prob i'm tryin to over-analyze this thing.
- Chetan, Bangalore, India
Ok. I don't think the members of linkin park wrote the song. Josh Groban did a version of it and there two styles of music arn't related at all.
- michael, los angeles, CA
When somebody talks about his "december", it's a phrase that's used to mean somebody's end.
- Dude, TX, TX
Just a comment to what Jess from Austraila said...The holidays are the time of the year with the highest rates of suicides, not the lowest..and that's actually a fact..i think its because of the loneliness many people feel around the holidays which is really terrible..
- Jessi, Trenton, NJ
:) I don't have a favourite. They are my favourite. *sheds tear*
- Alyssia, Melbourne, Australia
Oh, yeah... Projekt Revolution kicked a**!
- Alyssia, Melbourne, Australia
This song is about loneliness, and wanting someone to be there...I know, I met Chester Bennington and he explained it in terms that I cannot even repeat...the words were beyond beautiful...and it is a great song, one of the greatest...but a little too mellow. This song was designed to give the LP name a little more of a soft side...the butterfly wings on the soldier for example...the bands soft side. hehe, his voice is soothing and melodic, proving he's not only a screamer...but a true singer, with a beautiful voice...so is Mike's. An amazing voice as well...It is an apology, but it is so cold...lonely, and apologetic...it means something to all of us...this work of art is successful, and it means something to those who pay attention. So the work of art communicated wonderfully.
- Sara, Killeen, TX
your all wrong it about it not aobut how chester felt lsten carefuly to what the song is truely about:And I give it all away Just to have somewhere To go to:this mean you feel like you have no where to go so you need the urge to feel like you do so that is the real meaning of the song people.
Alan, in the remix on Reanimation, Chester isn't singing it's a guy named Mickey Petralia.
- Kyle, Georgetown, SC
I believe this song is about how people do and say things to others that they regret, and thus they lost there friendship because of it. Now the person is alone and wants to take back what is said, but really cant because its to late, so its there december, and there all alone...
- Sara, Grand Falls - Windsor, Canada
I agree, I always thought this song was an apology to someone who had committed suicide
- Jim, Pittsburgh, PA
I Love this song but, I heard it was about something else from some other sites. I heard it was about Chester having a friend that was suicidal and Chester didn't know what to do and he yelled at his friend and his freiend committed suicide and he feels its his fault and he wrote a song saying that if he could, he would take everything he said back and his friend might still be alive today.
- Darbey, Mount Vernon, OH
One of my favorite songs from Linkin Park. The remix of My December on the Reanimation album is the best. Haunting melody and lyrics, with Chester's soft and soothing voice, makes a wonderful song.
- Alan, Delray Beach, FL
i love this song so much. it has to be my favorite.
- Jacqui, St Clair shores, MI
I love this song. I actually think its my favorite Linkin Park song...
- Daisy, Ikast, Denmark

Мой декабрь (перевод w@yf@rer)

Это мой декабрь,
Это мое время года.
Это мой декабрь,
Это и так ясно.

Это мой декабрь,
Это мой дом, покрытый снегом.
Это мой декабрь,
Это я - совершенно один.

И я
Хочу только, чтобы исчезло чувство,
Будто я что-то потерял.
И я
Забираю все свои слова обратно -
Те, из-за ты чувствуешь себя так же.
И я
Хочу только, чтобы исчезло чувство,
Будто я что-то потерял.
И я
Забираю все, что я сказал тебе, обратно.

И я отрекаюсь от всего,
Только бы мне было, куда идти.
Отрекаюсь от всего,
Чтобы был человек, к которому можно прийти.

Это мой декабрь,
Это мои заснеженные мечты.
Это я притворяюсь,
Что мне больше ничего не нужно.

И я отрекаюсь от всего,
Отрекаюсь от всего,

Это мой декабрь,
Это мое время года.
Это мой декабрь,
Это и так ясно.

Отрекаюсь от всего,
Отрекаюсь от всего,

Amazing My December remix!   :shine:

My December Remix (Symphonic Version)

http://helpmyass.net/Music/My_December-Sergii & Ryuichi.mp3

source          http://lplive.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » My December 2000