Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Lying From You Album: Meteora Released: 2003

Lying From You Album: Meteora Released: 2003

Сообщений 1 страница 3 из 3

Lying From You

When I pretend
Everything is what I want it to be
I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
When I pretend
I can forget about the criminal I am
Stealing second after second just 'cause I know I can / but
I can't pretend this is the way it will stay / I'm just
Trying to bend the truth
I can't pretend i'm who you want me to be
So I'm

Lying my way from you

[No / No turning back now]
I wanna be pushed aside
So let me go
Let me take back my life
I'd rather be all alone
[No turning back now]
Anywhere on my own
'Cause I can see
The very worst part of you
Is me

I remember what they taught to me
Remember condescending talk of who I ought to be
Remember listening to all of that and this again
So I pretended up a person who was fitting in
And now you think this person really is me and I'm
[Trying to bend the truth]
But the more I push
The more I'm pulling away
'Cause I'm

Lying my way from you

I wanna be pushed aside
So let me go
Let me take back my life
I'd rather be all alone
[No turning back now]
Anywhere on my own
'Cause I can see
Is me

This isn't what I wanted to be
I never thought that what I said
Would have you running from me
Like this

Like this

Like this

Like this

You

[No turning back now]
I wanna be pushed aside
So let me go
Let me take back my life
I'd rather be all alone
[No turning back now]
Anywhere on my own
'Cause I can see
Is me

Is me

Linkin Park: "Meteora" - Track-by-Track With Mike Shinoda

04 - "Lying From You"
That song will be impossible for any cover bands to play! Chester just sings too damn hard. I think it's great. I think he did some great stuff on that song. We all are really proud of that song. It's another song with a great keyboard thing that we made, this kind of sample sound at the beginning. It's going to be a really fun song to play live. I could say the same thing for the song that comes after that.

"Lying From You" is about pushing someone away. The title means, making up lies to make another person angry so that they don't want to be around you; which is something that some people do subconsciously in relationship. That's not what my part of the song is about but I know that in a broader sense, when people start feeling negative feelings toward somebody else, just naturally they start doing things to make that person not want to be around them. It's a subliminal reaction. That works with friends. That works with relationships - either way, people do that.

Comments:

This song is about a criminal who is running away from his girlfriend because he is a bad influence on her: "The very worst part of you... is me." (thanks, Spencer - Equinunk, PA)

I'm sorry, but it's a ridiculous idea that this song refers to a relationship between a boyfriend and a girlfriend. It is very possible, however, that it is one of the following: A relationship between a child/teen and his/her parents. (OR) A self-conversation, if you will.
- Mark, Salem, AR

i thnk its the boyfrnd-girlfrnd thngy is true abt the song..coz der is a part "im trying to bend the truth" nd "so im lying my way from you"..he just wanna force hmself 2 bilive dat everythng is olryt even though thngs are getting worse every day...
- Elmer, Zamboanga, Philippines

yea i thinks that it's about a kid and how parents expect something out of him. "I remember when they talked to me Remember condescending talk of who I oughta be" and then he fakes who he is so his parents will be happy. but in the end he just makes things worse cause now the parents believe he is something he is not.
- Gabe, Borger, TX

This, like most of LP's songs is powerful, esspecially starting of with mike's rapping... I mean I feel that it is kinda eerie and kinda on the dark side... it seems like he is stuck pretending and although he make things worse, he can't leave... well atleast not yet... becuase he "isn't allowed" in a way. and he is trying to leave... but anyway this is one of my fav songs... so good and well formulated with such a power behind it
- James, Brisbane, Australia

This song is basically about a criminal, or just an overall bad influence leaving his girlfriend, because he can't be who she wants and needs. "When I pretend everything is what I want it to be, I look exactly what you had always wanted to see" meaning, he can pretend that everything is okay and when he does, it seems as though nothings wrong. However the lyric "I can't pretend this is the way it'll stay" is suggesting that no matter how much he pretends, he can't gaurentee he can do it forever. The chours then says that he wants to leave her, because "the very worst part of you... is me" meaning, he wants the best for her, and hes holding her back from what she wants and needs. "this isn't what I want it to be//I never thought that what I said would have your running from me" this suggests that he must have came out of the closet about his criminal ways and now shes scared (or hesitant) to be with him. so hes "lying his way" from her.
- Destiny, Toronto, Canada

This is my opinion and i think this song is allso about a parent kid relationship i no it might sound crazy but just listen. "I looked exactly like what you had always wanted to see" I think that line is about how parents sometimes try to mold there children into something there not. "When I pretend" But the kids only doing it to make there parents proud of them. "I wanna be pushed aside, so let me go" Saying how the kid wants there parent to let them go stop smothering them so mutch. "Let me take back my life I?d rather be, all alone!!" now the chield is saying how they rather be alone then be liked for who they arent. This is just my persinal opinion on the song.
- Meghan, Portland, ME

I think it's a great song, very true although you don't get guys like that, if only every guy was Chester or Mike, or anyone of the Linkin Park dudes, they are the best!!!
- Chelsea, Cape Town

This song is so awesome!!! the lyrics are great! it seems like he is trying to get away from someone who doesnt let him go- "I wanna be pushed aside so let me go"
- shanise, slough, England

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » Lying From You Album: Meteora Released: 2003