Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » What I've Done Album: Minutes To Midnight Released: 2007

What I've Done Album: Minutes To Midnight Released: 2007

Сообщений 1 страница 6 из 6

In this farewell
There's no blood
There's no alibi
'Cause I've drawn regret
From the truth
Of a thousand lies

[Pre-Chorus:]
So let mercy come
And wash away
What I've done

[Chorus:]
I'll face myself
To cross out what i've become
Erase myself
And let go of what i've done

Put to rest

What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

For what I've done
I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I'm forgiving what I've done!!!

[Chorus]

What I've done
Forgiving what I've done

Songfacts:

In this song, Chester Bennington sings about things we've done that we regret - how we want to forget it all and move on. According to Bennington, the theme of the song is "admitting to your faults of the past and kind of accepting it and moving on and trying to become something better."

The album title Minutes To Midnight refers to military terms of nuclear warfare, otherwise known as the Doomsday Clock. It is a political statement, but could also indicate the pressure the band was under to finish the album. (thanks, Steven - Anderson, CA, for above 2)

Rick Rubin produced this track, and stripped Linkin Park's sound down to give them a more raw feel. Rubin did something similar in his work with Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

Mike Shinoda in Kerrang! Magazine: "On the other albums, Brad (Delson) and I started every song together (separately). But this was the only song that we wrote together and was the last one we finished. We wanted a song that encapsulated the feel of the whole record and I think this is that song. You're going to get something different out of every time you listen to it."

This debuted at #1 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart April 12th 2007. "What I've Done" was the third song in this tally's 19-year existence to begin its chart life at #1. The other two were R.E.M.'s "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" and Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Dani California."

The album Minutes To Midnight went to #1 in 28 of the countries in which it was released.

Comments:

yes this song is in the transformers soundtrack but you would wonder why? what does this song got to do with the movie? heres what i think guys: Listen to the words he says "in this farewell theres no blood" simply means that theres no blood because machines have taken over and theres nothing you can do about it coz where ever you are you need machines... when he says "theres no alibi" this means that there is no excuse for machines taking over because man created them. Hence this song is in the "Transformers" soundtrack. its just what i think=)
- Yusuf, Durban, St. Helena

To tell you guys the truth, I'm not the biggest LP fan out there. Personally, I think this song is about the poor decisions we make as a society and how we as humans try to be optemistic about the future. It's kinda like living with guilt, but you try to carry out living your life day after day with no reminders of the past or what you have done ( didn't mean to say name of actual song, just kinda happened). All mixed messages aside, this is a great track from a killer band and will continue to make people think long after the song loses its popularity. ROCK ON LINKIN PARK \m/
- Nick, Edmonton, Canada

this song has a lot to do with my life right now cause my aunt is in the hospital because she had a stroke and she is gonna die soon and my uncle shot himself in the head when i was right beside of him and my great grandma died plus the whole family is blaming everything on me and i always go into my room and listen to this song whenever i'm feeling really bad and it helps a little.=(
- Bailey Wilson, Tazewell, TN

this song is kool because it is very simple and they dont try to make people like this but people just like it and it is a song that you would listen to all day long this song is great but i like the beggining the best
- cristina, long beach, CA

The song is so simple
- Austin, smallsville, NE

Hey Kay, The other song doesn't say F*** God. It actually says F*** that I wanna see some fists pumpin...
- Parker, Orem, UT

all about regret
- Briana, greensboro , NC

lol it sucks
- Rhys, Mandurah, WA

anyway i love this song
- mohit, mumbai, India

This song is about remembering all the things you have done that you regret. You just need to forget about them and start over.
- brent, wichita, KS

"i would say this this song talks about forgiveness from God ,but another song of thiers says "F*** God I wanna see some fist pumpin . . ." kinda cancels the last song out,but its a good thought . . . I mean after all, so many christian bands go secular you never see it vice-versa." Actually, the line is "f**k that / I want to see some fists pumping". Taken directly from the lyrics booklet.
- Kay, Chicago, IL

i would say this this song talks about forgiveness from God ,but another song of thiers says "F*** God I wanna see some fist pumpin . . ." kinda cancels the last song out,but its a good thought . . . I mean after all, so many christian bands go secular you never see it vice-versa.
- brad, knoxville, TN

Yeah Liz and Eli, you guys are a hell of a lot closer than the others. Being a fellow LP fan, here's my two cents: This song is about regret. They specifically say in the album booklet that people interpret it different days - about suicide, death, life, etc. It's not political. The video's vaguely political, but you have to look at it from LP's veiwpoint. They're showing the idea that humanity should probably start feeling guilty for what we've done, unless we're willing to lose life, love, everything we cherish.
- Kay, Chicago, IL

Except for Liz, you all don't know what the hell your talking about. I am a LP fan since before hybrid theory hit the Shelves My older sister bought their EP and I fell in love with these guys. Jay your comment isn't needed at all. Damien you have no idea what your talking about either. It's not about Bush or any other authority. It's about the pain and suffering WE (as Men) caused and we regret it and hope to move on. take it from a Lp fan
- Eli, Kennewick, WA

The music's great, but the montage of images and video makes it truly impressive -- and welcome -- from a social significance perspective. This is the sort of visual/musical commentary that's been few and far between since the incredible wave of anti-war music in the late '60s and early '70s. We need more of this stuff.
- David, Aiea, HI

I hate the album, but watch the video and you'll know what the maning is. This song is from the perspective of someone who voted for Bush, and feels guilty and regrets his decision to vote for Bush. He wants to take it back and start a new life without any memory of voting for Bush.
- Damien, Edmonton, Canada

I Work At A Movie Theater, And At The End Of Transformers, When "What I've Done" Started Playing, You Could Hear Quiet A Few People Singing Along...I Was Kinda Thinking, "Yea..." But On The Other Hand I Was Like, "Who Sings This Song? Yea Let Them Sing It" lol
- James, Aurora, CO

this song is in the transformers soundtrack
- Jay, Jackson, MS

u don't get it, hear it from a real lp fan. look at he end of finishing their new album m2m (minutes to midnight) some of their friends listened to it, and said that it needed something more. like a cross over song. hence "what i've done". the song is about them having a new song and a new beginnging to the band. remember their old sound was rock/rap. now they have more of a 80's punk feel to it. their still lp though. yes it's also about global warming and all the other things that are in their music video. the song was finsished in 1 1/2 weeks by mike shindoda. it was released about 3 weeks before the actual album came out
- liz, glosta, MA

name='Hahninator' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:30 AM' post='5293']
Check it out! Another LPLive Media Update for you guys. I told you we had some cool stuff coming for you.

What I've Done multitrack files from Guitar Hero World Tour: Wii Edition. Many thanks to Xefusioner for pointing them out to me, and Pendulum_People for the ripping! This is a full 6 tracks right here, and boy it sounds good. Bass, vocals, drums, guitar, etc, all of it is right here for you.

Download links:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tjebymezmoj 

http://rapidshare.com/files/156940249/W … _.zip.html

Расчлененный вотавдан! :D

Нашла такое офигительное нечто! :crazyfun:  просто не знаю как это воспринимать - серьёзно или нет

http://777denny.wordpress.com/2008/12/2 … ou-and-me/

Linkin Park Lyrics to ‘What I’ve Done’ Adds Up to What Jesus Christ Can Do For You and Me

Posted on December 28, 2008 by Denny

I saw the video to the song called ‘What I’ve Done’ from the rock group Linkin Park and was inspired to print the lyrics and provide the answer to question as to how humans can ‘erase’ what they have done.

LYRICS: Linkin Park - ‘What I’ve Done’

In this farewell, ["Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."]

There’s no blood, [Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with his own blood he went into the Holy of Holies once for all and secured our eternal redemption]

There’s no alibi,  [And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith]

Cause I’ve drawn regret,  [Then I looked on all the works that my hands had worked, and on the labor that I had labored to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.]

From the truth,  [Then I saw that wisdom excels folly, as far as light excels darkness. The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walks in darkness]

Of a thousand lies,  [You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and stayed not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.]

So let mercy come,  [Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! God has given us a new birth because of his great mercy. We have been born into a new life that has a confidence which is alive because Jesus Christ has come back to life.]

and wash away  [What are you waiting for now? Get up! Be baptized, and have your sins washed away as you call on his name.']

What I’ve Done,  ["I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.]

I’ll face myself,  [Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame]

To cross out what I’ve become  [And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.]

Erase myself,  [Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.]

And let go of What I’ve done.  [Brothers, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth to those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.]

Put to rest,  [But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.]

What you thought of me  [But transgressors and sinners will be crushed together, And those who forsake the LORD will come to an end.]

While, I clean this slate,  [Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead]

With the hands,  [And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.]

Of uncertainty  [Come close to God, and he will come close to you. Clean up your lives, you sinners, and clear your minds, you doubters.]

So let mercy come,  [So our eyes look unto Jehovah our God, Until he have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O Jehovah, have mercy upon us]

And wash away  [Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.]

What I’ve Done,  [To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him]

I’ll face myself,  [You will open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from Satan's control to God's. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and a share among God's people who are made holy by believing in me.']

To cross out what I’ve become  [Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.]

Erase myself,  [Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.]

And let go of what I’ve done  [For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.]

For what I’ve done  [Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.]

I start again,  [Not by works of righteousness which we did ourselves, but in the measure of his mercy, he gave us salvation, through the washing of the new birth and the giving of new life in the Holy Spirit]

And whatever pain may come,  [Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.]

Today this ends,  [God says, "At the right time I heard you. On the day of salvation I helped you." Listen, now is God's acceptable time! Now is the day of salvation!]

I’m forgiving what I’ve done  [knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin]

I’ll face myself,  [God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we've done wrong.]

To cross out what I’ve become  [To the pure all things are pure: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.]

Erase myself,  [A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.]

And let go of what I’ve done  [For we have spent enough of our past time doing the desire of the Gentiles, and having walked in lewdness, lusts, drunken binges, orgies, carousings, and abominable idolatries.]

What I’ve Done, [And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.]

What I’ve Done,  [I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before you, And am no more worthy to be called your son: make me as one of your hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.]

Forgiving what I’ve done  [And the son said to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight, and am no more worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring here the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.]

Linkin Park - What I’ve Done Lyrics -

[And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bore twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God gives them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.]

[And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Не знаю, куда написать - наверное, сюда. Если у кого-нибудь есть клип What I've Done в ВЫСОКОМ качестве, пожалуйста, дайте ссылку на народ =)

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » What I've Done Album: Minutes To Midnight Released: 2007