Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » In The End Album: Hybrid Theory Released: 2000

In The End Album: Hybrid Theory Released: 2000

Сообщений 1 страница 7 из 7

It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal

Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when

(Chorus)
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme, to remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so (far)
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me (in the end)
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I

(Chorus)

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know

Chorus

The lyrics are based on the struggles lead singer Chester Bennington went through growing up. He was often picked on.

This video was shot on a Los Angeles sound stage. The statue's head, where the band is performing, was built there, but the rest was CGI. The areas where Mike is standing "in the desert" are real - he was sitting on real grass and he was walking on real stones, but they were about 10 feet by 5 feet. The rest was, you guessed it, CGI. Halfway through filming, directors Joe Hahn and Nathan Cox decided to set water pipes off above the band, so they all got completely soaked. Nathan could see how irritated the band were by this, so he invited his friend (who's in a Bluegrass band) over and he performed some Linkin Park songs, including an hilarious version of "Crawling." In the video, if you look very closely, you can see Joe's belt buckle, which says "MR HAHN." The song is about feeling like there's no point in living, and was originally seen as being very negative, so the video was very positive. It's like a cycle of life (the song starts and ends with the piano) - the desert is very dead, but the rain comes and at the end, there's flowers and rivers and butterflies. (thanks, Abbey - Essex, England)

In March 2001, 15-year-old Charles Andrew Williams shot and killed 2 of his classmates at his high school in Santee, California. He left a note for his father with the lyrics to this as an attempt to explain his feelings. The key lines were "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't really matter."

The video was shot in a California desert while the band was between stops on the 2001 Ozzfest tour.

This was the #1 selling album of 2001.

This was the third single from Linkin Park's first album. Their first 2 singles were "One Step Closer" and "Crawling." All 3 songs explore the dark side of growing up.

"Hybrid Theory" is the original name of the band. They decided to use it as the album title.

This was released as a single about 9 months after the album. It took a while for the album to catch on, but it eventually sold very well.

On their 2002 album Reanimation, this was remixed by Kutmasta Kurt with vocals by Motion Man. The title was changed to "Enth E Nd," and it was given a hip-hop sound.

At the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards, this won for Best Rock Video. Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth, who were touring together at the time, presented the award. Before announcing the winner, Roth asked Hagar what his favorite Linkin Park song was, and Hagar said he didn't know any Linkin Park songs.

Comments:

It's interesting to see what other people think this song is about. To me, this song is about how sometimes, you give everything u can give and put everything out on the line and it doesnt even matter (in a relationship, life, etc...). I am a HUGE Linkin Park fan and this is one of my favorite songs by them. Which is saying a lot because their songs are all amazing. They are such a talented band with many different things that other bands don't always offer. There are 2 lead singers which add different sounds to each song. One singer is more of a screamo singer (Chester) but can also go mellow, but always has a rock edge. The other lead singer is more of a rapper but can also do other songs like "In Between". Their song "Cure for the Itch" represents their talent to mix and create an awesome sound with many different elements. And what i love about Linkin Park is that they mix elements that other bands are afraid to try but they end up sounding AWESOME!!! Thanks LP for all your support for me in hard times :) ---Kristin---13
- Echo, St. Louis, MO

I can completely relate to this song. It has a lot of emotion hidden in the lyrics. I love Linkin Park so much!
- Michelle, None-of-Your-Business, MA

ha i'd say so damn the people who picked on him DAMN THEM!
- Bailey Wilson, Tazewell, TN

damn he was picked on often and now look at him i bet all the ppl who used to pick on him must feel pretty retarded now lol
- Alan, Bridgeport, CT

This song is great. It conveys the desperation of: what if everything I've done goes to waste? Have all my efforts been in vain? I like to listen to this song because it makes me feel like someone's there, telling me how to avoid the fate they suffered.
- Blake, Chico, CA

This is a very good song =]
- Alyssa, Forney, TX

This song is one of the best songs I have heard. I agree with Matt though. I definitely think that Linkin Park is a great band, but the best? No. Its perfectly Ok if some people think that Linkin Park is the best, but that?s their opinion and its ok for them to share it, but when they try to push it on others, that?s when it goes too far. Anyways.. This song is awesome and I love it. Peace Out B*tches
- ebony, Adelaide, Australia

I realize everyone got off this topic, but I think that "Greatest Band Ever" is a matter of opinion and I KNOW that a person's favorite band is their opinion so if someone wants to say Linkin Park is the Greatest Band Ever, then let them. Personally I think they're all right and this song is good. But (I realize what HORRIBLE reprisals to come) I don't like the "classics" like say AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc., but you know what, that's no one's concern but my own and if you try to tell anyone who they should consider that greatest band ever, well then you're just an a**hole trying to force your opinion on other people.
- Matt, Nowhere, IN

What the hell is all yours problems who hate this song? THIS IS AN EFFING AWESOME SONG... and if your just gonna diss it then fu*k off...
- ebony, Adelaide, Australia

Adam shut up you dont know what your talking about, it sulks.... forEVER!!
- John, Galway, Ireland

This song does not suck and its the best band EVER!
- Adam, Plainfield, IL

I dont care what this waste of time song is about, Its the worst song and there the worst band to set foot on this earth!!!!!
- John, Galway, Ireland

LINKIN PARK RULES
- The Man of Steele, Houston, TX

This song has a lot of meaning and is my favorite from LP
- Katherine, Akron, OH

My favorite Linkin Park song. I can't wait to their new album. It's not going down!
- Mikkho, Malabon City, Other

I love this song!!!!! It is the best ever, hands down. I really began to "listen" to this song in 2000, after my brother passed away, and it just made a lot more sense than it ever did. Linkin Park is just the best, thats all I gotta say.
- Samantha, Norwich, CT

To me, it sounds something like a sport being played, like he's running a race and he tried so hard and got all prepared, but in the end he loses and none of the hard work mattered. I'm not saying its about playing a sport, but a metaphore about something else, like he tried so hard to get this girl or something, but after the relationship has ended, all his hard work and stuff didn't really matter...it was all just a waste of time. It could also be like their saying not to get all hyped up about something, because after its all over it wont matter and something else will get you feeling the same way you felt before.
- Justin, Sierra Vista, AZ

This song explains all the pain I have went through. My parents (in particular) never understood what I was trying to say, what I wanted, or what I was trying to imply. Linkin Park is pretty much telling all of our stories about what happened to all of us with our parents not even understanding what we were trying to say. They punkish us for no reason, they think they're the best parents in the world... NOT TRUE! "LP tells all of our stories!!!"
- mikey, Galesburg, IL

i am metaphorically in the middle of this song, i just hope it doesnt jinx me and i find my freedom.
- Will, Sydney, Australia

if i had a theme song this would be it!
- j, Norfolk, VA

This song got me to like Linkin Park back when I was let's say, a lot younger. It's good to identify with if someone has broken your trust and thrown you around and hurt you.
- Laine, Detroit, MI

i feel so identified with this song..particulary the line 'i've put my trust in u ..pushed as far as i can go..n for all this..' well, not always identified but it certainly is one of the songs i like to listen at when i'm down..(masochism, i guess)
- ariana, lima, Peru

They are for 11-year-old PSP kids.They're just a mainstream band,they came from Mcdonalds.I'm so glad that The Strokes came out the next year.
- Iara, Santiago, Chile

I completely agree with Tom from Trowbridge but Linkin Park are one of my favourite bands of all time and I pick so many holes in music it's untrue. Austin, they are not posers, all of their songs are so real to life it's untrue. If you hate them then why are you looking them up?!
- Charlie, Bethersden, England

Sorry I used untrue twice. My bad.
- Charlie, Bethersden, England

Chester writes nearly all of his songs on how angry he felt with his childhood life now i feel really sorry for him.
- Roxii, Birmingahm, England

This is the first song that I heard and I heard it when My girlfriend broke up with me. I listened to this song ever since and became a big fan of Linkin Park's material. I'm just wonderin' how do they always come up with all this material that just reaches out to teens?
- mikey, Galesburg, IL

Linkin park are the BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Max, Sydney, Australia

This has to be one of my 15 all-time favourite songs, from one of my all-time favourite bands. Does the end piano remind anyone else of the end of Ozzy's Killer Of Giants?
- Ashley, Moncton, Canada

This video was not filmed in a desert. It was filmed on a green screen which Mr. Hahn and Nathan "Karma" Cox later edited.
- Kelly, HybridGirl_Kelly, LA

This is the greatest song full stop.....
- zhaoy, sydney, Australia

When i first heard linkin park i didnt really like at first but now they are one of my favorit bands in the world my friend got me hooked on to this song and instantly i loved it and it will remain the greatest song ever but in the end it dosnt even matter
- Jeremy, Sawyer, MI

its actually a really well written song whether you like them or not
- jack, faraham, England

I love this song, but I hate the video (as with most their videos). What the heck was with the giant whale things??
- steven, harrison, OH

i like the demo if this song too ryan. but all i can say about this song is that i love it and the lines "i put my trust in you, pushed as far as i can go" reminds me of a personal battle with loved ones that ive had and i was in awe at how raw and true those lyrics were to my life.
- Kayla, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

you guys have to hear the in the end demo "The Untitled"
- Ryan, pembroke pines, FL

Tom from Towbridge, I could not agree more if you paid me to. Linkin Park is nowhere near the stature of bands from the past. They are at the top when it comes to today's bands (which I have to admit isn't saying much), but they cannot compare with the bands that tom listed.
- Matt, Millbrae, CA

this song makes me cry everytime i hear it. it was my cousins favorite song and she was listening to it the moment she died, and the line that was playing when she died is so ironic its scary. "Wasted it all just to watch you go ". which she did. i love this song, i had no idea who "these linkin park ppl" were until the day my cousin died. now they are my favorite band ever.
- sara, anoka, MN

I think that this is an amazing song but, alot of the vocals is not chester. It is alot more mike if anything and out of the two mike is the better vocals in my opinion. Chris, midland, TX
- Ryan, nowhere, CA

I agree with Scott, LP aren't posers not only wouold they not be in a band they wouldn't want ppl like you hating them. So get a life LOSER! Froot Loops Cereal
- Rynn, Rogers, AR

I think Linkin Park is a great band. This songs shows that sometime in life things aren't always gonna be great.So are the other songs, too. Their music helped me deal with things. lexi
- Alexandria, Phoenix, AZ

This is the only Linkin Park song I like, I think the lyrics are really true. And like other people have said "In the end it doesn't even matter"
- Melita, Wilts, England

There's a theory out there that it's actually about Mario Cart Racing.
- Annabeth, Kutztown, PA

haha yeah... I like LP a lot, but to say a band with only 2 studio albums (thats about 25 songs that hadnt been remixed) is the greatest ever... Pshh. They're one of my favorites but I dare not say that they are as great as say, Nirvana or Zeppelin.
- Rob, Castaic, CA

Don't forget Rush. The entire video wasn't Computer-Generated. Besides the band scene, the scenes of Mike over the cracked rocky ground was partially real. The sky around him was CG, and the ground was probably extended. They mix real and fake all the time in movies.
- Dude, TX, TX

Nevermind, I missed Rush.
- Dude, TX, TX

Justine, are you serious? I've got nothing against you saying Linkin Park are your favourite band but you can't honestly be suggesting that they are better than The Beatles, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, The Clash, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Rush, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Iron Maiden, The Who, The Ramones, oh i can go on forever. The point is, you clearly possess little knowledge of rock music. I'm 17 and am a Linkin Park fan but I am not that dillusional as to believe that they are better than all the aforementioned bands. If you like Linkin Park, then check out Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine and Depeche Mode because LP would not exist without them.
- Tom, Trowbridge, England

It's an awesome song and will remain so.
- Dylan, St. Charles, MO

THIS is the BEST song EVER.... and LP is the best band known to mand kind, and if any 1 says anything diff like they suck or somethin than they ar ass holes cause LINKIN PARK is the best and there music is soooo touching and it ROCKS too at least they sing about what they feel right lol....
- justine, fredericton, CA

I'm not the biggest Linkin Park fan but this song is very good.
- Tom, Trowbridge, England

This song is one of the best, it talks universally about what people feel on the inside at one point or another in their lives. We all want to let go sometimes, just because we feel overwhelmed, but this song is telling us to hold on, even if it doesn't matter. In the end, it doesn't matter, but at least it happened...Amazing song...amazing band, they know what they are doing! LOVE YOU GUYS! LP ROX!
- Sara, Killeen, TX

This song makes you wonder what can you do in life that will really matter in the end. I love the synthesizer and learned to play it on the piano. 8notes.com is such a cool place. I love the way they divided the timing for singing between Mike and Chester. The music video is awesome!
- Gabe, Utica, NY

I like Linkin Park as much as the next guy, but I don't think they're lyrics are very credible, when Chester sings then yes, you can tell he means it, but not as much when Mike.
- the jorge, Hell, Other

Austin,Linkin Park are not posers.If they were,they would not be a band.
- Scott Baldwin, Edmonton, Canada

I agree with Sarah, how could you think the video was shot on a real background. I love this song because it gives equal mic time to Chester and Mike, and shows how their voices complement each other. I also agree with Shaun, that LP writes music that can touch ppl in a variety of situations.
- Rabi, Zionsville, IN

I always felt this song was about being taken advantage of in a relationship--but with taking a closer look I can also see the struggles of a child searching for acceptance
- mandy, n/a, MA

I used to hate Linkin Park when they first came out, but I never knew that their lyrics had so much meaning in my situations that I get into. This is one of the main songs that used to get to me when my b/f dumped me a while ago. I agree with Shaun about the meanings and all.
- Tiffany, Covington, GA

I think this is on of the best songs they made. It reminds me of guy fighting in a battle and falls and loses everything.
- A DBZ fan, Jackson, MI

I feel that it really doesn't matter too much what the song was written about, I feel many of Linkin Park's songs are written to be interpretted by the person listening. So many people out there can find lots of LP songs that they feel describes how they feel so well, I think that's the beauty of their music is it so well fits into what you feel and describes you. All their songs people can relate with.
- Shaun, Shelbyville, KY

IT ROX, it's as simple as that
- Cassandra, Melbourne, Australia

I can really relate to this song with what I've been through. I must say way before it was released as a single I told my bro that it was gonna be a huge hit, and I was right...
- Daisy, Ikast, Denmark

The song is really the writer saying that he took his chances, he had his share of pain and suffering. He too didn't see certain things coming, but in the end nothing matters. The hurt or the happiness. In the end it amounts to nothing, so it's not gonna help beating yourself up about things.
- Chronometer, Somerset West, South Africa

Actually, the song seems like it's about a breakup...the lines "I put my trust, in you" and "What it meant to be, will eventually be, a memory" signify that there was a relationship involved. So I don't think it was supposed to be about him getting picked on; it was about him breaking up with his girlfriend.
- Nick, Edmonds, WA

Although this song is very 'dark', it is also a great 'feel-good' song in an odd way. I feel i can relate to every word in the song and "it all comes down to me in the end". i found iut hard to say what i mean in this post, i hope that other people know what im talkin about.
- Andy, Halifax, England

They Are Posers!
- Austin, orem, UT

I haven't been a big fan of Linkin Park but when I stumbled upon this song one time I was surprised. I loved this song and I downloaded the video to this song, the video is a great video. I say that "In The End" has to be one of my favorite songs of all times!
- Jared, Norwalk, OH

I'm not a Linkin Park fan by any means, in fact, I hate their other music. But this song was very appealing to me, especially in light of my recent nihilistic-type views, for in the end, it doesn't matter.
- Justin Gregg, Harrah, OK

Few artists and songs have a deep impact on me, but Linkin Park and this song do. I just wanted to clear up a couple of mistakes here, though: The video was *not* shot in a California desert. It's computer-generated. DJ Joe Hahn came up with the concept and he co-directed the video with Nathan "Karma" Cox.
- Sarah, Morganville, NJ

This song is amazing and really makes you think. It has meant so much to me this past year and kind of explained what I was going through. Linkin Park is great!!!
- Karly, Denver, CO

This song not only represents the dark side of growing up, but for some people very specific times in there life. From friends to family to life it's self, this song is a great expression. Lodi, California, USA.
- Omar, Santa Clara, CA

Linkin Park - In The End (19.09.2001 Milan) 3/6

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kqg4l2br07g

http://i042.radikal.ru/0807/6b/27244fa69e92.jpg

Projekt Revolution 2007 - Linkin Park - In the End

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t70ComzI-K4& … re=related

http://i031.radikal.ru/0807/50/522a6b61b01c.jpg

Linkin Park - 16 - In The End (KROQ Weenie Roast 2007)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r__1e09jNjc& … re=related

http://i010.radikal.ru/0807/52/b25ea07ae7c7.jpg

by mezadel on 02-18-2002 @ 03:26:28 PM
The nice thing about lyrics is their ability to mean something different to everyone. Most people have said they relate to this song in terms of boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Why not? The lyrics can certainly be seen that way. He is singing to someone... that is obvious. Likewise the interpretation that he is singing about life and death, and how the things we do in life don't matter in the end is also a very valid interpretation. The song being about Chester's addiction to coke is also a possibility. The point of this website, I I expect, is to raise awareness about the different aspects of this song. Not to diss it, or to compare it with Nsyncs bubblegum "hip pop". The point is to tell people what you hear of yourself in this song... it has the ability to affect someone deeply at the very roots of their emotional stability. With respect to the interpretations of others (you can agree with me or not) I see the song like this:
The singer is angry. Hurt and pain radiates from his voice, and it is emphasized by the heavy drumbeats and guitar strains. It doesn't matter, he says. In the end it doesn't even matter. Haven't we all felt that way? At least once in our lives haven't we felt that someone is "mocking" us, "acting like I was part of your property" and people who you fought with (your parents? Boyfriend, girlfriend? Teachers? Friends?)"I've put my trust in you..." we all trust someone, even if it's only ourselves. We always get let down, by ourselves or by others (perhaps you expected a better grade than you got... or perhaps your parents got divorced, or your significant other left you) at some point because it's a part of being human. "Time is a valuable thing, watch it fly by as the pendulum swings..." As humans, we are fleeting creatures. We have less than a century to accomplish something worthwhile. That accomplishment could be in a medicinal cure, leading a country-- or even loving someone, raising a child to be better off than you were. We only have so long to do these things, and always we see the prospect of death looming ahead. And it's when we fail that songs like this come into play... I could've done better, I tried so hard to make it work, to do things right... now I failed, I'm out of time, it doesn't even matter...
The first half of the song is in reference to the permanent time frame which we have in life to accomplish something. The seconf half refers to the specific event itself... which will mean different things to everyone. Agree with me or not, this is my opinion.

"In the End" is a song by Linkin Park. It is the eighth track from their debut album Hybrid Theory (2000). The song was a big Modern Rock hit, reaching #1 on many charts worldwide in 2001. It is also their biggest pop hit, reaching #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.

"In the End" was released as the fourth and final single off of Hybrid Theory in 2001. It was originally written as a poem by the lead vocalist, Chester Bennington, with Chris Petersen, and was later established as a sufficient song for the album. The original demo version of this song was labeled "Untitled" (which may or may not have been an actual title), and contained various different rap verses by Shinoda.Contents [hide]
1 Song information
1.1 Remixes and other versions
2 Music video
3 The Making of the Video
4 Covers and parodies
5 Track listing
5.1 Part 1 track listing
5.2 Part 1 bonus
5.3 Part 2 track listing
6 Charts
7 References
8 External links

[edit]
Song information

This song is mainly based on one person's failure. It is considered symbolic of an ending relationship. However it can also be symbolic of a long-lasting friendship's trust between one another that has gone awry.

"In the End" is widely regarded as Linkin Park's most famous song, and the one which best describes their musical style (a melodic interplay between Chester Bennington's singing and Mike Shinoda's rapping). Some consider it Linkin Park's signature song.

In one of Shinoda's lines, the word 'property' is rapped like a CD track skipping

[edit]
Remixes and other versions

Reanimation (2002) features a hip hop-style remix of this song, titled "Enth E Nd".

Collision Course (2004) features another rap metal-style remix song with Jay-Z's song "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)". The song is titled Izzo/In the End.

Since 2004, during some live performances, Brad Delson is known to play the harmonics of "Pushing Me Away" at some point in the song, during the second verse. One of these incidents can be found on the band's 7th annual fan club CD.

[edit]
Music video

The music video takes place in a fantasy setting and uses massive CGI animation. The band performs atop a giant statue, which has a 'winged soldier' on top of it, which is similar looking to the 'winged soldier' on the cover artwork of Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album.

A scene from the music video for “In the End”, which was shot in a California desert and made heavy usage of CGI effects.

The portions where Mike Shinoda raps first take place in a wasteland with thorny vines sprouting out of the ground, surrounding him and shattering into dust (first verse) and then grass and plants sprouting up around him (second verse). During the time Mike raps his verses, Chester stands atop a platform with gargoyles on the edges. This platform is in front of a door in the shape of a trapezium. Near the end of the video, the skies turn dark and it begins to rain, and the band performs in the downpour until the end of the song, where the rain stops and the camera pans away from the tower, showing the wasteland where Shinoda had rapped in is now a lush Greenland. During the rain the statues on the tower begin to move.

The rest of the band (Delson, Farrell, Hahn & Bourdon) appear only during Chester's chorus and during the outro when the camera focus is near to the tower.

Some fansites of Linkin Park have claimed that Dave Farrell injured his foot during the making of the video when he jumped off one of the platforms, but still continued filming until the end. This fact has never been officially confirmed by the band or their record label.

The video was co-directed by Nathan "Karma" Cox and LP's turntablist Joe Hahn (who have also directed the videos for "Pts.Of.Athrty", "Papercut", "What I've Done", "Bleed It Out", "Shadow of the Day", and "Leave Out All the Rest)". The production design was by Patrick Tatopoulos who helped design and oversee the production of the non-CGI set. It won the "Best Rock Video" at the 2002 MTV Awards.

A strange-looking whale can be seen flying around the large statue during most of the video, specifically at the end of the video. The whale in the video was Joe Hahn's idea. He has been quoted as saying "It's not like I pulled it out of my ass; it made sense to me." The reasoning behind its inclusion is still unknown. Many fans of the Legend of Zelda video games have noted similarities between the whale in the video and the 'Wind Fish' character from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. However, there is no evidence to support the design of Linkin Park's whale was a tribute to the game, and appears to be coincidental.

Although there is a keyboard loop in this song, the video does not show Mike, who is a pianist in the group, or anyone else playing a keyboard in any scene of the video. However, Joe Hahn is shown using a MIDI pad to emulate the piano loop at the end. During the commentary of the video on Frat Party at the Pankake Festival, Nathan Cox jokingly said that Elton John was the one who was actually playing piano in the song.

[edit]
The Making of the Video

On Linkin Park's Frat Party at the Pankake Festival DVD one of the special features is 'The Making of In the End'. It begins with footage of a bat hanging off the windscreen wipers of the band's tour bus, with band members, specifically Joe Hahn making reference to the bats from the In the End video.

Brad describes his custom headphones as his jack into the Matrix and why he needs to wear them on stage.

In this 'Making of', footage is shown of Chester miming to a sped up version of the track, an effect used so that when the film is slowed down, the track sounds normal as does the singer, but with an added dramatic effect.

Also shown is Mike Shinoda jokingly claiming that Angelina Jolie was doing his make-up, but "her agent would kill us if we showed her", and footage of "Crawling" being performed by Bryson Jones and the 'Sweethearts of the Rodeo All-Star Band', full audio of which is also available on the DVD.

Footage from this 'Making of' was used in the video for Points Of Authority, included in the same DVD.

[edit]
Covers and parodies
The song was parodied by Christian parody group ApologetiX, their version labeled as "Corinthians".
An EMT remix of In The End has been found on the internet[1].
The song was covered by italian group XP8 however, their version is much more electro-oriented than the original.
The String Quartet Tribute included "In The End" in their tribute CD "In the Chamber... The String Quartet Tribute to Linkin Park."

[edit]
Track listing

The single CD was released as a "Part 1" Single and a "Part 2" Single. They differed in tracks and cover color: the "Part 1" cover is yellow and the "Part 2" cover is red. The "Part 2" cover is shown on the right. A DVD version of "In the End" was also released which includes an audio version of "In the End", promo video of "Crawling" and four 30 seconds interviews.

[edit]
Part 1 track listing
"In the End"
"Papercut" (Live at Docklands Arena, London)
"Points of Authority" (Live at Docklands Arena, London)

[edit]
Part 1 bonus
"In the End" (CD-ROM music video)

[edit]
Part 2 track listing
"In the End"
"A Place for My Head" (Live at Docklands Arena, London)
"Step Up" [1999 Demo]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZp2jAdBu1o

http://i046.radikal.ru/0807/e6/f25cd885ebc4.jpg

http://i003.radikal.ru/0807/3e/e699f707764c.jpg

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » LP songs » In The End Album: Hybrid Theory Released: 2000