Morning After Linkin Park

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » Mike Shinoda » Истоки шинодофрении Mike info

Истоки шинодофрении Mike info

Сообщений 81 страница 100 из 188

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/Respons … tion_box_2

October 18, 2008
You suggestions for this site have been great. I'm sending Sparkart (our web design / hosting company) some stuff based on your ideas. Let's see what they say. I'll keep you all posted :)

also:

POSTED BY THAPOET: great idea Mike!! btw could you please re-consider or explain why Somewhere I Belong, Papercut, P.O.A, and Wake 2.0 has been left out on Road to Revolution. Thank You Veteran Fan \m/

M: I posted about this on the LP.com message board, but it was a small, random post, so I'm not surprised you didn't see it. CDs have limited space (74 min?), so all the audio wouldn't fit. We decided to keep the DVD and CD consistent. The rest of the stuff will be made available to you, though...you'll see!

POSTED BY LP FM FAN: Lol, yeah your blog already has RSS I actually subscribed to it but it didn't give me the NEW news it gave me the old news, it was kinda slow, I dunno if it's any better cuz I thought it'd be best just to visit your site everyday, lol.

M: Thanks guys, I obviously didn't know it already existed. HA! For those of you who wanted to use that function but didn't know the link, thanks to JNudda for posting it:

Posted by JNudda: Mike, your blog already has an rss feed. http://www.mikeshinoda.com/feeds/blog.xml

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/Linkin_ … comments-1

October 20, 2008
POSTED ASH_QWERTY, HOW TO: ARTIST ROYALTIES, INDIE V. MAJOR We can hardly judge Warner for what they're doing though can we? I mean, we've all downloaded some LP music off random sites without paying haven't we (sorry Mike)? Although i know download all my non-cd tracks off 7digital.com- honest :-). But Mike & LP even support this- they're that kind of band. Still, screw Warner :-). Everyone on the LPU Forums hates them anyway!

M: The part about downloading is actually a common misconception; I don't support stealing music. Artists work hard to make and put out their songs, and they should be able to reap rewards from their work. I do, however, accept the fact that, the way the internet is, I can't stop anyone from stealing it. Some people want to chase down every peer-to-peer network and shut it down. I think that approach might simply be unrealistic.

However...the comment brings up a great point. Bear with me on this one.

When I was about 16, I decided to care about who I was buying music from. I realized that buying an album or concert ticket is more important to me than a lot of people. Here's how: every dollar you spend on a band (whether it be on their music, concert tickets, or merchandise) is a statement; it says that you want the artist to continue to make music. In buying something, you are essentially helping fund their future endeavors. This doesn't matter whether it is your friend's band down the street or Linkin Park. So now the question is, "If I think of every dollar I spend is a dollar of support...are there dollars I should be relocating elsewhere? Do I believe that Nike deserves my support? Do the ringtone companies, the fast food companies, the movie studios?" Food for thought.

Regardless how you feel about the topics above, the bottom line is this: if any of you are stealing music from a band that you love, but you're buying something from a company that you don't care about, I would very politely suggest that you might have some re-prioritizing to do.

POSTED BY STELIOS (about ROAD TO REVOLUTION DVD/CD) "The rest of the stuff will be made available to you, though...you'll see!" oh mike, please tell me that you dont mean that the rest of the live songs will be on the lpu8 cd! no more live songs!

M: No, the leftover live songs won't be the new LPU CD. We heard your comments about the last LPU CD needing to have more unique material, so we're trying to do that. I think this year's LPU CD will be one of the best ever. At the very least, it'll be the most unique. Here's what it won't be: live tracks, new unreleased Linkin Park album music. (insert frantic guessing game here).

(more responses to fan comments after the jump)

POSTED BY METAL_VALUE (about lp.com survey) Did the survey.. But didn't seem like the questions would contribute alot to the site personally ^^

M: To be honest, when I wrote the request, I thought the survey was going to be more geared towards the site...I didn't see the questions until all of you did! HA! But thanks to everyone for answering the questions...it'll be helpful anyway.

POSTED BY EVERYONE Hey Mike! How's Chester doing?

M: He emailed me saying he's recovering well. We'll let you know when there's an update.

SIMILAR POSTS BY VV55 / ARIELCAHEN ...i thought it would be nice if you explained how the touring schedule thing works. I say that because now and then a rumor comes up about LP going somewhere they're not and a lot of fans end up thinking it's the bands fault or that the band doesn't want to go to these places, which is not true...I'd like to know why you will not come to Brazil. They were saying that linkin park would come to Brazil on 15 November, but now they are saying you are not coming...

M: FYI, we were never scheduled to come to Brazil in November. I don't know what went on therel, but I assure you that the band only cancels when circumstances require us to do so (health problems, for example). But sometimes there are nasty concert promoters in the world who will put up false information about a show because it benefits them to have people excited about their concert. The really horrible ones sometimes wait until fans buy tickets, or even wait until you arrive at the show...then they say the band didn't show up. They essentially trick you into giving them your money. What these people are doing is terrible. Again, the best thing you can do is always check linkinpark.com for confirmed tour dates. It's only official if it's posted there.

POSTED BY REZ, WATER: BOTTLE VS. FILTER Hi Mike. I commend you for all that you and the band have done for the environment. The only problem I have with your entry is the importing of bottled water. We live in a global economy where everything is dependent on everything else. That person making that bottle,tv,shoe,pants, and etc., depend on us for their livelihood. If America and other industrial nations stop importing goods from other countries like China and other developing countries it would be disastrous. You are essentially putting someone out of a job that they need to survive. Mike, you are in a position of influence and a lot of people look up to you. I hope that you will take the time to consider what I have said here.

M: Sorry, in this case, I think the waste and pollution is the bigger issue. If lead paint on toys poison children, you can't argue that you that we should turn a blind eye to lead paint production simply because it provides jobs to the workers.

Check out the facts: http://www.filterforgood.com/learn_the_facts.php

mike
Related Stories:

опять таки, небезысвестный pooch утверждает следующее:
This video was made by LP band member MIke Shinoda and his friend Mark Wakefield. They used to make funny videos like this all the time in high school and decided to write this song recently. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJvXD-TmHWw

Весьма пошлая песенка на тему президентских выборов в США

LYRICS:

LIVIN IN A WHITE HOUSE
HEARTLAND OF AMERICA
WE HAD SOME BEERS AND WE SHARED SOME LAUGHS
YOU SWORE ME IN SLOWLY
INTO YOUR PENTAGON
AND I SHOWED YOU THE MEANING OF "CHIEF OF STAFF"

MY THREE COLORS ARE RED WHITE AND BLUE
AND THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I WANNA DO TO YOU
I WANNA BARACK YOUR WORLD..

PEOPLE TALK ABOUT TAXES
GAS PRICES AND BEING GREEN
WAGIN' WARS IN COUNTRIES OVERSEAS
ALL I KNOW FOR SURE IS
BABY IF YOU WERE MY IRAQ
I'D NEVER PULL OUT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

MY THREE COLORS ARE RED WHITE AND BLUE
I'M GONNA SHOOT MY LOVE ALL OVER YOU

I WANNA BARACK YOUR WORLD, BABY
I WANNA STICK MY "BALLOT" INTO YOUR "BOX"
I WANNA OBADAMIZE YOU, LADY
YOUR OVAL OFFICE IS SO SWEET
SECRET SERVICING MY MEAT

I WANNA BARACK YOUR WORLD, BABY
I WANNA STICK MY "BALLOT" INTO YOUR "BOX"
I WANNA OBADAMIZE YOU, LADY
DON'T TELL ME NO MORE LIES
YOU'VE GOT A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION
BETWEEN YOUR THIGHS

http://poochblog.evilentertainment.net/ … 020-082742

у меня только одна реакция - Шинода продался политикам  :dontcare:  что-то мне не смешно

http://lprussia.com/news/barackyourworld.jpg

Linkin Park M&G 8.12.08 Denver, CO

Майк и Феникс

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm2Vv5JS … re=related

Jaclyn написал(а):

у меня только одна реакция - Шинода продался политикам    что-то мне не смешно

серьезно не смешно?

помоему такой жесткий пошлый стеб над политикой и выборами, вполне себе современная сатира на тему всей этой пропаганды и предвыборных акций.

одно "я хочу сунуть свой биллютень в твою урну" (*сорри за вольный перевод) чего стоит! видно что зае*ала им уже мозги эта тема))))
я лично посмеялась

они упомянули Барака и теперь все девочки фанатки понесутся голосовать за него

мне пох кто там у них победит, но это выглядит как предвыборный комитет Обамы заплатил Шиноде кругленькую сумму

по мне так это как раз подъеб этого самого Обамы, а не гимн в его честь

а вот 18 числа какая-то репперская церемония награждения была - вот там  исполнители в прямую просили за него голосовать. мне стало интересно сколько он им за это отвалил или чего наобещал...

Может это такая завуалированная агитация ^^  типа Приколись, баклан, сходи проголосуй. Странно, что Майк полностью игнорирует ажиотаж вокруг этого клипа

Перевод сделан 17 ноября по просьбе одного чела

Живя в Белом Доме,
В сердце Америки
Мы пили пиво и пересмеивались
Ты привела меня к присяге
в своём пентагоне
и я показал тебе, что значит "глава правительства"

Мои три цвета - красный, белый и синий
И только одно я хочу сделать с тобой
я хочу баракнуть твой мир )))

Люди говорят о налогах,
ценах на бензин и о партии зеленых
о развязывании войн за океаном
Но одно я знаю точно,
Бейби, если б ты была моим Ираком
Я никогда бы ни вывел из тебя
если ты понимаешь, о чем я

Мои три цвета - красный, белый и синий
Я хочу излить на тебя всю свою любовь

Я хочу баракнуть твой мир, бейби
Я хочу засунуть свой "избирательный голос" в твой " ящик"
Я хочу наслаждаться тобой, леди
Твой Овальный офис такой приятный,
когда ты проводишь разведку моего хозяйства

Я хочу баракнуть твой мир, бейби
Я хочу засунуть свой "избирательный голос" в твой " ящик"
Я хочу наслаждаться тобой, леди
Больше не лги мне
У тебя между ног оружие массового поражения.

Mike picks WeMix contest finalists

Mike has selected the five finalists for the "Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix)" songwriting contest. He will help one winning artist professionally record their original song in studio.

"It's my pleasure to help give the winning artist a platform and the professional guidance to bring their music to life in-studio," said Shinoda. The winning contest song will premiere at the gallery opening. Guidelines for the contest called for songs that were written and inspired by Mike's artwork. "I'm excited to see how the dynamic between the songs and my artwork plays out," said Shinoda. The winner will be chosen by the WeMix community and announced on November 25, 2008. Finalist submissions can be heard here.

http://www.wemix.com/Contest.aspx?ctid=1258

http://www.prweb.com/releases/WeMix/Mik … 517524.htm

WeMix & Mike Shinoda Pick "Glorious" Songwriting Contest Finalists - WeMix Announces New Series of Opportunities for Musicians & Songwriters

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park & Fort Minor and WeMix.com have Selected Five finalists for the "Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix)" Songwriting Contest. Shinoda Will Help One Winning Artist Professionally Record Their Original Song in Studio. WeMix Announces a Series of New  Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix) 

Opportunities for its Emerging Base of Musicians and Songwriters after the Success of its First Series of A-list Opportunities.  Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix) 

New York, NY (PRWEB) October 23, 2008 -- After listening to thousands of submissions from musicians all over the nation, WeMix.com, the fast-growing, user-generated music creation and record label community for independent artists and Grammy award winning artist Mike Shinoda is pleased to announce the selection of five finalists for the "Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix)" songwriting contest.

The "Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix)" songwriting contest will give one of its finalists including Pilot Touhill from Burbank, California; Zii from Little Rock, AR; Ray Ven and Big Drew from Laurel, MD; Keith AKA Mr. Nice Guy from Reading, PA and ABrokeheartPro from Los Angeles, CA, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go in the studio with Shinoda where he will help professionally record their song. "It's my pleasure to help give the winning artist a platform and the professional guidance to bring their music to life in-studio," said Shinoda.

The contest coincides with Shinoda's gallery art exhibition series Glorious Excess (Dies), which features large-scale paintings and digital pieces that question society's celebrity obsession and the rules of stardom. Glorious Excess (Dies) comes to the Japanese American Nation Museum in Los Angeles on January 29, 2009. "Dies" is the end of a two-part exhibition that began with the sold-out Glorious Excess (Born) show in summer of 2008.

The winning contest song will premiere at the gallery opening. Guidelines for the contest called for songs that were written and inspired by Mike's artwork. "There's a strong creative connection between music and painting," said Gary Fisher, WeMix Chief Content Officer. "The WeMix community felt the same way, and it was inspiring to receive over 9,000 song entries in this contest." "I'm excited to see how the dynamic between the songs and my artwork plays out," said Shinoda. The winner will be chosen by the WeMix community and announced on November 25, 2008. Finalist submissions can be heard by visiting http://www.wemix.com/Contest.aspx?ctid=1258 .

The Shinoda contest is an example of WeMix.com's aim to help empower independent artists and provide them with artist development opportunities. From providing the chance to produce a new in-game theme song for MLB superstar Torri Hunter of the LA Angeles of Anaheim, to launching other career-viable music contests and programs, WeMix, co-founded by Grammy award winner and former independent artist Chris "Ludacris" Bridges has been expeditious since its June 2008 launch in keeping its promise to develop diverse, top-tier resources that give aspiring artists, musicians, producers and songwriters the opportunity to not only collaborate with but display their music to a relevant audience of A-list artists, influencers and potential new fans.

"WeMix has one simple mission: to provide real opportunities for new artists to fast track their careers", said WeMix co-founder Matt Apfel. "Whether it's collaborating with rock stars like Mike Shinoda or sports stars like Torii Hunter, we're thrilled by our results thus far and are excited to continue launching many similar opportunities."

With 100,000 original songs uploaded to the site by over 50,000 of its active community of artists, WeMix has been busy developing programs with artists and sports franchises to provide a plethora of new artist opportunities to its online community of musicians and songwriters. In the coming weeks WeMix will launch online talent programs including an opportunity to collaborate with rock group Avenged Sevenfold, A 16-bar writing competition where the winning verse will land on a remix of a song from Ludacris' forthcoming album Theatre of the Mind. In addition, WeMix has partnered with the Utah Jazz to launch a nationwide songwriting contest in search of an original fan-produced theme song for the 2008-09 NBA season, made especially for the Jazz. Several Jazz players and Ludacris will select five WeMix finalists and then the winner will be chosen by Jazz fans.

In addition to the upcoming artist programs, WeMix and Bridges also announced that they plan to start signing top talent from the site in a wide variety of capacities. "As an artist, it's gratifying to see the WeMix collaborative model working," added Ludacris. "I'm truly excited to work with as many WeMix artists and producers as possible."

"These opportunities are core to the company's main goal - to help aspiring artists become working musicians," said Fisher. "We're elated to provide multiple stages for new musicians to showcase their diverse talents and take important first steps in their careers."

About Wemix.com
Created by Disturbing Tha Peace Entertainment and MegaMobile TV, WeMix.com is a music-creation community and user-generated record label that enables unsigned singers, rappers, songwriters, musicians and producers to be heard and get discovered. Artists who join the WeMix.com community and upload their creations have the potential to sell their work directly to the consumer. Top-performers can also become eligible to have songs produced by Ludacris, thereby opening up an entirely new way to launch a career outside of the traditional music hierarchy. Please visit wwwwemix.com to learn more.

The "Mike Shinoda: The Glorious (WeMix)" songwriting contest will give one of its finalists including Pilot Touhill from Burbank, California; Zii from Little Rock, AR; Ray Ven and Big Drew from Laurel, MD; Keith AKA Mr. Nice Guy from Reading, PA and ABrokeheartPro from Los Angeles, CA, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go in the studio with Shinoda where he will help professionally record their song.

Финалисты

1. Hollywood Girl Uploaded by: pilottouhill@yahoo.com

http://www.wemix.com/clip.aspx?key=147F5D879FE747EB

2. Stories of the lost
This is about three women involved with sex, drugs, alcohol ,murder, money and betrayal. Doomed from sin by manipulation from the devils skeleton minions I try to convince God while being between earth and heaven not to send these modern day angles to hell …….THESE ARE THE STORIES OF THE LOST!    Uploaded by: Zii

http://www.wemix.com/clip.aspx?key=85AC427081F6C5B8

3. YOU DON'T KNOW Uploaded by: abrokeheartpro@aol.com

http://www.wemix.com/clip.aspx?key=4242ED317F8DECED

4.No Regrets - Keith a.k.a. Mr. Nice Guy

http://www.wemix.com/clip.aspx?key=B154720960936295

5. Through 2 You Uploaded by: RayVen

http://www.wemix.com/clip.aspx?key=E8261B2A935FA041

October 25, 2008
EDIT: Yes, I'm moving this post up in date, and re-posting it...I wanted to make sure it didn't get lost behind the HT b-day post.

Firstly, I just wanted to note that I intend my responses to always be a nod of respect for the people posting. Even if I respond to one of your comments in disagreement, I still respect your thoughtfulness and opinion enough to re-post and reply to your comment! Thanks for visiting.

POSTED BY JNUDDA (on downloading music, similar post by ECETIM) The music industry is moving onto the internets, and the record labels will be left in the dust if they don't change their business model...the last two NIN releases (Slip and Ghosts)...that that kind of distribution is the future of music...

M: It would be great to be in the situation that NIN and Radiohead are in--being independent and selling direct to the fans would be really interesting. We're currently in a contract with WB, and that relationship essentially requires us to do it a more traditional way, which is fine for now. Some day, that contract will be over, and we'll be looking into other options. At that time, we intend to explore all viable possibilities.

POSTED BY TACOSONTUESDAY Re: Re-prioritizing - I think that there needs to be a better way of indicating what is quality music. The worse musicians or entertainers are geniusly marketed to the point that the general public spends $ regardless if the product is inferior. Anytime dollars are the measure of success or failure, greed inevitably lurks. We are fed images of lap of luxury existence & we realize -That dude does not need my 99 cents more than I do...

M: A little convoluted, but I think you're making some good points. Here's what I think: since "quality" of music is totally subjective (you could easily argue for and against it on anything from Wu Tang's "36 Chambers" to Fugazi's "Repeater"), it's all about "what do I like?" Look, sometimes someone in the 'burbs wishes they was in da club dazzlin da bitchez wit they iced-out chain and buying da bar out so dey can take sum dime pieces back to da crib. But don't hate on them because they're making money. Instead, hate on them because their music doesn't interest you, and their message is shallow and contrived. Besides, if they're flashing money in their video, chances are they don't really have any anyway.

POSTED BY THENEWLINKINPETE Hey Mike, I find your comment on the downloading issue interesting and I quoted you to make some conversation on the MB and put my own opinions there: http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread … amp;page=4 Also I´d like to ask if the famous quote "We support free music. Go ahead, download that shit!" (or smthng like that) is yours? Cause for example on youtube people seem to use that as a justification to put up your songs. Peace -Petri

M: I do support "free music." For example: QWERTY (Live) was free. My FM mixtape was floating around, free. When Tim Fite or NIN gave away tracks, or Radiohead let you pay whatever you wanted, I thought, "that's a great way to do it." But if the artist says, "I want you to pay X amount for it," then it's a different story. The bottom line is: if you like the song and band, I would say you should buy it. If you don't, your options are: DL it, or leave it alone.

Again, for a more in-depth look at this story, go here

POSTED BY HYBR1D_7H3ORY (on downloading music) Mike, Those were some really great questions, and even better responses. I totally support your opinion on understanding what your money is going to, and thinking critically about how your actions affect other people...If you wanna talk further I opened a new thread... http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread … post455402

M: Great! Feel free to continue the conversation there, I'll pitch in if i have something to say.

POSTED BY REZ (on water bottles v filtered) Hi Mike. Thanks a million for responding to my comment regarding the bottle water issue. ...I agree with you 100% that we have to do something. But we must act responsibly...We have to come up with solutions that will make our environment more sustainable for future generations, but at the same time we must work to improve social and economic conditions. Like I mentioned before, everything is connected to everything else...Thanks once again Mike and keep up the good work!

M: Agreed! It's all connected...Wouldn't it be great if those people you are concerned about got jobs producing energy-efficient eco-friendly products from recycled material? Both problems solved.

POSTED BY SQUISHY_HO (similar question by EAMER) Do you think you could give out tips to people who just started painting? Cause it's my case, i try stuff but i feel it doesn't work out right. Could you give out "where to start" tips and like do's and don'ts? Or a book recommendation, cause you seem good in that, too :p thanks a lot =)

M: Great idea. I'll put one together.

POSTED BY LOL2MELP you know mike, you might keep in touch with your lp fans, but what about your fm fans?they didn't disappear with fort minor.they're still there, waiting for you.so if you do get the chance to swing by and say hello, it would be much appreciated.

M: In an effort to keep things more streamlined, I'm really spending most of my "posting time" here on mikeshinoda.com. I totally appreciate all the fans who are on FM.com, LP.com, FMM, LPU, etc., but I hope you guys don't mind just coming here to get the direct word. Bouncing around everywhere to post takes up time that I could otherwise be spending on writing music or making a worthwhile post here.

Thanks for posting,
mike

October 25, 2008

http://media.sparkart.net/mikeshinoda/content/photos/1224887533.31986.ThePhoenixatWork.jpg

I've been making songs on my own at home or in the bus, but hadn't gotten to work with the other guys until this week. A few days ago, Joe, Phoenix and I were having some fun at Joe's, and started a couple things. Of the two songs we worked on, one was a heavier, fast-tempo song with heavy guitars and distorted sampled drums, and the other was a little less aggressive, but still dark and upbeat, and had a really interesting chord progression. Joe's got this new MIDI keyboard-turntable unit, where he can make his vinyl play tones that you hit on the keyboard, and we can scratch them in real time. It's pretty cool--I think there's a lot of potential for that thing.

Anyway, more updates to come later. We're preparing for a more defined studio schedule in the coming weeks.

On a random note, Joe gave me Ableton Live, a program where I can make dope mixtape-mashup-projects...I'm making one that I'll hopefully be able to post here on mikeshinoda.com soon, which will feature some old songs by other artists that I think are cool.

mike

PS - I have to call The Phoenix out on the shirt he was wearing that day. The funny thing is, he knows it's questionable, but he wore it to amuse me and Joe.

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/Linkin_ … rk_music-1

вот честно, я не поняла, что такого ужасного в футболке Фи  :dontknow:

how_to_be_a_celebrity_hotel_guest

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/How_To/ … otel_guest

October 29, 2008

As we saw in artist Sarah Baker's video "In the Spirit of Glorious Excess, 9/13/08", you don't have to be a celebrity to be treated like one. In fact, I've found that it's pretty easy to get hotel staff to treat you like you're "someone" even if they have absolutely no idea who you are. Here are a couple ways you can get the people at the hotel to give you more love than usual:

1) Have your manager make your reservation. You or a friend can pretend to be the manager, and call the hotel to book your room. Pick an occupation, and run with it. Example: "My client, a high profile actor/comedian/musician, has asked me to book a room at your hotel." Don't tell them you're performing in town, though--they'll ask for tickets.

2) Stay under a fake name. When you make the reservation, let the people at the front desk know that you "can't possibly give them your real name, for reasons or personal safety and privacy." Make up a fake name for yourself, and be that person during your entire stay. Be as ridiculous as you like. It could be a lot of fun to have room service address you as "Mr. Robert DeNiro" for a week. Or "Mr. Snuffelupagus."

3.) Dress the part. Go incognito. Come in with a hood up, sunglasses on. Especially if it's night time. The more you try to hide your face, the more they will assume you do it because you have to.

4.) Be consistent. A big-time celeb would probably have their "people" make all their reservations, right? Again, have your "manager" character call for any spa, golf, or restaurant reservations. And when getting a reservation at a restaurant, especially one with a view, make sure to ask for "a nice, quiet table where your client won't be bothered." That will definitely get them to give you one of the best seats in the house.

Although I definitely don't recommend you do this all the time, it's definitely fun to try out once and a while, just to keep life interesting. Definitely don't do it to be mean or to trick people in a bad way, but if they're excited because you're a celebrity, and you're excited because you're getting the star treatment, everybody wins! Let me know if anyone asks for your autograph.

mike

http://93x.com/article.asp?id=961879&SBID=4444

Rocker's Halloween memories...

Вот и снова Хэлловин, и мы на днях распросили некоторых рок-звезд об их наиболее памятных событиях в этот праздник, а так же о планах на сегодня.
LINKIN PARK обычно справляют Хэлловин, устраивая вечеринку дома у МАЙКА ШИНОДЫ. К сожалению, в этом году группа на столько занята работой над новым альбомом, что, по словам Шиноды, у него даже не было времени спланировать вечеринку. Но вспоминая прошлые годы, он говорит, что самое замечательное представление устроил ДЖО ХАН и трое его друзей, нарядившиеся северокорейским диктатором КИМ ЧЕН ИРом, американским президентом ДЖОРДЖЕМ БУШем и парочкой ядерных ракет. Но, как заметил Шинода, Хан на этом не остановился ---цитата “На исходе ночи мы стали находить постеры КИМа по всему дому. Он буквально завалил мой дом этой пропагандой”

It's Halloween once again, and we recently asked a few rock stars about their favorite Halloween memories, as well as their plans for today.

LINKIN PARK usually spend their Halloween at a party at MIKE SHINODA's house. Unfortunately, this year the band are so busy working on a new record, Shinoda says he didn't have time to plan a party. But looking back on past years, his favorite memory was JOE HAHN and three friends dressing as North Korean dictator KIM JONG IL, U.S. President GEORGE W. BUSH, and a pair of nuclear missiles.

But Shinoda says Hahn didn't leave it at that -- quote, "As the night wore on, "we started finding like Kim [Jong Il] posters around the house. He was literally putting propaganda up in my house."

Linkin Park Hit the Studio in L.A.: “We Have a Ton of Material”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/11/07/linkin-park-hit-the-studio-in-la-we-have-a-ton-of-material/

11/7/08, 12:45 pm EST
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/5/1/3/0/24160315-24160318-slarge.jpg

Photo: Winter/Getty

Mike Shinoda will always make time for important business. Linkin Park’s rapper-songwriter-producer has already been sketching out new songs with the band, and last week they began recording the follow-up to the multiplatinum Minutes to Midnight in Los Angeles. “I didn’t stop writing since the last record,” says Shinoda. “They’ve seen the stuff on my hard drives. I’ve got a lot of material, and I know the other guys have a good amount of stuff too. It’s going to be fun.”

The next studio album will likely appear in 2009. But on November 25th, Linkin Park will release Road To Revolution, a live CD/DVD set recorded this year at the Milton Keynes National Bowl outside London. Shinoda confirms he recently produced a track for Cypress Hill, but is more coy about another project he’s been linked to: a mysterious online music video called “Barack Your World,” which is credited to the band White Pegacorn.

Sitting in a West Hollywood hotel suite with a full beard and a plate of fresh ahi tuna, Shinoda awaits the arrival of drummer Rob Bourdon and talks about the video, which is performed by hair-metal hand-puppets who sing a wacky heartland-rock ballad of politics and sexual innuendo worthy of Spinal Tap (”Baby if you were my Iraq, I would never pull out, if you know what I mean” and “Don’t tell me no lies, you got a weapon of mass destruction between your thighs!”).

Can you explain “Barack Your World”?
Mike Shinoda: [Laughs out loud] I can neither confirm nor deny any relationship to that, although I think it’s hilarious. I’ll say this: I have a friend named Mark [Wakefield, onetime singer for pre-Linkin Park group Xero], and we’ve been friends since we were 12. He and I started my band together. We used to make joke songs on the weekends in high school and college. It’s just fun for us to do. Whether or not that [”Barack Your World”] rumor is true, that’s definitely what we used to do.

Can you predict anything else coming from White Pegacorn?
I heard a rumor that there’s some interview footage with that band. Hopefully those will show up online. I don’t imagine that project will be an album. But what would I know? That band is so mysterious.

Minutes to Midnight’s “Hands Held High” is a very pointed song about the war, and you included it on the new live album.
We had put that song in the set and took it out because the chorus has 10 voices singing on it, and live it just never sounded right. But during the Milton Keynes show, there was a fan in front of the crowd who had a sign that said “Play ‘Hands Held High.’ ” Halfway through, I thought, we can’t play the song because we aren’t prepared — but I can give him the first half. So I just threw the verse in a cappella. In fact, we added that verse to the set, so that kid’s sign essentially changed the set for the rest of the year. It was really cool. As for the meaning of the song: We have a policy that we don’t want to give away too much when it comes to the meaning of a song. We want to respect everybody’s impression of what the lyrics are about. I don’t think there’s a ton of mystery over what it’s about.

Rob Bourdon: I think a lot of the lyrics on Minutes to Midnight are really thought provoking, and when you listen to a song like “Hands Held High,” you can’t help but start thinking. It’s good to encourage people to think for themselves and look at what’s going on around them.

You’re in the early stages of a new studio album?
Shinoda: Very early stages. I’m excited about it. I don’t know what it’s going to sound like. At this point we’re doing a lot of demos in small groups. Everybody is throwing some ideas together. At this point, I’m producing. I don’t imagine I’ll be the only producer on this record. I think we’re going to hire somebody else on.

Will it likely be someone you’ve ever worked with before, like Rick Rubin?
Shinoda: We haven’t talked about it at length. Rick was really great. I think we will work with Rick again in the future at some point, but I don’t know if this is the record. At this point, it’s a pretty self-sufficient process. We’re taking care of all our needs at this point.

This will be a faster turnaround for you?
Shinoda: Yeah. The stuff we’ve been writing is a little more challenging, a little more experimental in the way we’ve been writing and the sounds we’ve been making. But once we start getting our hands on it, some of it could straighten out and be a little more familiar. Some of the stuff we’re doing now is a little crazy.

Bourdon: If we get it out in ‘09, we’ll be doing pretty good.

Shinoda: This one will not take as long as the last one — from beginning to end, that one was about 18 months.

There was far less rapping from you on the last record. What about this time?
Shinoda: We wrote 150 demos for that record. If you’d picked a different 12 songs, there would have been a ton of rapping. It just depends on what we want to release at the end of the process. And the songs that we did in the last batch for Minutes to Midnight that did not end up on the record could end up on a record in the future. The good news is we have a ton of material.
Steve Appleford

[реклама вместо картинки]

November 10, 2008
We're working on the new Linkin Park album right now. Will we have a new album out in 2009? Absolutely!

And, of course, by "Absolutely," I mean, "Absolutely, as long as things go smoothly and the ideas are flowing, and we don't hit any scheduling problems or massive writers block."

Jokes aside, the pic below is from my studio; Chester and I were listening to all the demos I've been writing in the past 6-12 months in busses, studios overseas, and my studio.
http://media.sparkart.net/mikeshinoda/content/photos/1226357821.49588.CBatMSstudio2.jpg

CB and MS in studio Nov. 2009

When we're out on the road doing shows, I generally keep the music on a safe hard drive, in a format that you can't download onto your iPod (gotta be careful). I also don't like playing stuff for anyone unless I feel like I've given it a proper amount of love. That means I go for months where I write stuff and don't really play it for anyone.

This week, we went through about 35 new demos, most of which had only had my hands on them thus far. The process is a little scary; it's like saying, "here are the songs that I think should make up our next album." Luckily, nobody hates the songs (at least most of them!), and we're looking forward to getting started on this album in the coming months.

I just did an insightful interview with a gentleman named Mikael Wood for a piece in an upcoming issue of Revolver magazine. Check for it in the coming months, I think it was an '09 music preview article.

mike

Previous related posts: http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/Linkin_ … rk_music-1
Read More

Картина на стене художника Futura

http://madkrunk.com/krunk_futura.html

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/all/fut … ahn_and_me

http://media.sparkart.net/mikeshinoda/content/photos/1221637364.87917.JH_S2_FU_MS2.jpg

http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/0811/fe/be44fa071b6f.jpg

http://s50.radikal.ru/i128/0811/18/10c6f9ae108c.jpg

KRUNK: Futura Exhibition (Sep 19, 2008)

Вы здесь » Morning After Linkin Park » Mike Shinoda » Истоки шинодофрении Mike info